Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 166759 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2009, 02:32:35 PM »

Water condition are good but a fairly brisk East wind at this time. I got out there but found out I left my back pack at home. ??? I may go out later if the wind dies down. Talked to one angler who hooked two this am.

WEEFISH

Re: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition update
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2009, 03:43:55 PM »

Hubby got 1 around noon  8)  Now I have fresh eggs ;D ;D ;D
<"((((><

mattyo

Re: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2009, 10:12:15 AM »

Started out the day yesterday just below the vedder campground at about 8. My buddy and I thought the wind would be blowing hard but not so hard that we couldn't fish. We were wrong :o. We decided to move up river to get away from the howling winds. Hit up what I think was one of the nicest runs on the river just above Tamihi. Perfect water speed and color. Worked the run with bait bags, roe, blades, worms and jigs. I can almost guarantee no one was home because of the fact we threw everything we had!!!.  After that went back down to the train bridge. Wind had died down enough where fishing was possible. Same story, nadda. Weather was beautiful, water was fantastic, only thing missing was some steel dome. Great day in all and not many people out. Wishing I was part of the 10 percent that catch 90 percent of the fish. Get out and get em boys and girls!!! Cheers

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »

the fact that u covered 2 runs all day is probably a reason y u weren't in the 10% club yesterday. i say covering water and finding an agressive fish is more productive than trying to entice a stale or pressured fish
Fish killer 101

mattyo

« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »

I think the way I worded my post might have been misleading to some. When I wrote went back down to the train bridge, I didn't mean we fished the run at the bridge the whole day. Just used that as a reference point. There is a tonne of water to cover 1 km up and downstream of the train bridge. ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »

my bad! how many ft of visibility in that section of the lower?
Fish killer 101

mattyo

« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2009, 10:00:25 PM »

Maybe 12 to 14 inches at the most. That river now always has that grey look to it from those clay banks. Although without that color the river would be producing even less numbers of fish to be had. Just my opinion. Cheers

mattyo

« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2009, 10:06:56 PM »

More like 16 to 18 inches of visibility!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »

More like 16 to 18 inches of visibility!
When did you look at it? This morning there was lots of visibility and I thought it was the best it had been for a while. I know it was fishable as The Master connected with a fish late this afternoon in the Lower.

mattyo

« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2009, 07:53:10 AM »

Sorry boys ;) I should probably read prev. posts a little more careful. LOWER river had at least 2 feet vis. Up around Tamihi had 16 to 18 in. I'm headin out there now. Tight lines ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2009, 11:44:59 AM »

Report just came in from The Master, very windy in the Lower today but not too windy for him to land one. ;D ;D

mattyo

« Reply #221 on: February 16, 2009, 12:41:46 PM »

Hey Chris seems like the "master" is outfishing you this year ;). I respect everything you do for our fisheries and hope you never stop ;D

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #222 on: February 16, 2009, 06:34:26 PM »

Just got back.... report will possibly follow if I have time.

Short story short, we were fishing up high and I heard a very muffled but large bang. 15 mins later the water went from 5+ feet of vis to less than a foot. My guess would be the Ranger run slide gave out again. Not sure how the water will look tomorrow, but maybe lots of colour will push in a fresh batch of biters  ;D  This was around 5 pm, and on the way down water was still clear at Allison.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2009, 10:29:07 PM »

Any updates on the conditions  today?
Looked ok around 3 when I looked. Heard of a few more fish taken today than the last few days. 2 by one angler and three by another, may venture out tomorrow as no fish to the beach since Feb. 1 for me but have not fished much the last 10 days. ???

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »

Monday we heard the ranger clay bank calapse, and 20 mins after the river went from perfect to less then 1 foot vis. Today I was back, and the water looked really good.
The Bigger The Better!