Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 167503 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I did not get out to the river today to check it as we  had a Fraser River Gravel meeting for a good part of the day but I heard that the wind made things a bit miserable out there.

It is still blowing pretty good so if you are going out on the weekend, dress warmly.

Fishmaster J

The water seems to be clearing up a bit more each day now, vis mid river about 3 feet today.  Beautiful sunshine still but this morning there were large gusts of the coldest wind I've felt in years blowing.  Besides having to seriously protect my hands from frost bite in the first few hours, conditions are not too shabby at all...

hue-nut

• Old Timer

fished the lower today for about two hours in the sunshine. Visibility was great, although the wind made a good drift nearly impossible.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Checked the river this afternoon and color was fine but it was way too windy in the Lower for me to fish. A few brave souls out and I heard of a couple of fish picked up.

Had a nice visit with Fly guy and Searun17 who stopped while I was picking up some tins, made $8 and found a loonie along with a Maple Leaf DNE float. ;D ;D

Also saw Xgolfman who was rigging up his Spey rod and would be trying to cast in the hurricane. ???

Hope the wind dies down for those that will be fishing tomorrow.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

The wind was just unbearable that we had to call it quits. Water was just perfect but could not stand the cold and the wind was bloody awful....

We did not see anything but heard of one wild fish hooked at Wilson Road.

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on

water conditons were good but the wind made it seem  colder.......as for the fish at wilson it was close to 10lbs got her on a pink worm after the arsenal i threw at that run  ;)

esk

water conditons were good but the wind made it seem  colder.......as for the fish at wilson it was close to 10lbs got her on a pink worm after the arsenal i threw at that run  ;)
 Yeah, it was really cold. I saw the guy, he got a beautiful fish just right above me around 11:30am at Wilson.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:16:55 PM by esk »

WEEFISH

I saw 1 wild and 1 hatchery....but tough conditions. I could barely fish after I tailed my buddies wild 10lb'er. Need hand warmers if your gonna have your hands in the river ;D ;D ;D
<"((((><

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Winds are still blowing here in the Upper Valley this morning so fishing once again is for the tough in the Lower part of the Chilliwack Vedder.

kingpin

• Old Timer

pretty windy here right now
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

DAY AT THE RIVER

Fished for two hours this afternoon  Lickman rd.Super cold wind (40-50kmh)makes it very hard for a decent drifts,water is in prime condition.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Wind still howling at 10:25 PM.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Wind died down to nil this afternoon so cut short the badminton games and went out for 2 hours, beautiful conditions and only saw one other angler.

Could not believe my float would not go down, maybe tomorrow in the snow.

Every Day

• Old Timer

They kind of changed the forecasts again. Before they were forecasting 50+ mm, now only 10+. Right now with all the slides being unstable it wont take much at all to blow the river out. Any rise in the level could turn it totally grey. It is suppose to be cold all week so it should be ok as long as freezing levels stay low so most of the rain turns into snow.

Right now the water is in perfect shape. Good visibility with a green colour to it. Just watch the graph and make a decision based on that day. A large jump may indicate that it is blown out.

Centerpin-09

• Coho

Went out tonight and water is clearing up. Nailed a nice wild doe about 10 lbs lower river :) Roe Sac