Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: here kitty kitty  (Read 34434 times)

BCHunter

• Greenhorn Houndsman
Re: here kitty kitty
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 08:15:24 AM »

Lynx and bobcats will climb high and jump tree to tree to lose the hounds

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 11:03:19 AM »

BCH, help me with this, cause I really don't understand.  What is the value you get from this?  You nearly sacrifice your dog's life so you can get a new rug? 

Honestly, I'm not trying to be an ***.  I don't have a problem with hunting on the whole, per se.  And I'm sure you're a great guy... I just don't get it.

Thanks,
Tex

......tex, this is called hunters' cabin(HUNTERS)! for a guy or gal that doesn't hunt you sure like to lurk in this forum. whats your deal? are you affiliated with a terrorist group such as peta...?

PS. its people like you that want to take away our HERITAGE!   

LOL...  limit time, I don't "lurk" on the hunting forum, I simply click "Show unread posts since last visit" every time I visit FWR.  This one popped up as part of the list a week or two ago, and I read it.  In fact, when I clicked on it I didn't even realize it was from the Hunting Forum until I started reading it.

PETA?!?  Are you serious?  I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

And FYI, I'm not taking away your heritage.  Don't be ridiculous.  I never said we should cease all hunting, fishing, etc.  I just disagree with "hunting" (though I hardly think of shooting an animal someone else has done all the dirty work for as hunting) for cougars.  I'm curious as to why someone would want to do it.  And just so we're clear, I don't see how anyone would equate killing cougars with a part of their heritage.

I just wanted to know what the value is from killing a mountain lion.  I apologize for offending all of your delicate sensibilities.

Tex

limit time

• http://www.svmatch.com/allusers/4/
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 09:49:51 PM »

BCH, help me with this, cause I really don't understand.  What is the value you get from this?  You nearly sacrifice your dog's life so you can get a new rug? 

Honestly, I'm not trying to be an ***.  I don't have a problem with hunting on the whole, per se.  And I'm sure you're a great guy... I just don't get it.

Thanks,
Tex

......tex, this is called hunters' cabin(HUNTERS)! for a guy or gal that doesn't hunt you sure like to lurk in this forum. whats your deal? are you affiliated with a terrorist group such as peta...?

PS. its people like you that want to take away our HERITAGE!   

LOL...  limit time, I don't "lurk" on the hunting forum, I simply click "Show unread posts since last visit" every time I visit FWR.  This one popped up as part of the list a week or two ago, and I read it.  In fact, when I clicked on it I didn't even realize it was from the Hunting Forum until I started reading it.

PETA?!?  Are you serious?  I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

And FYI, I'm not taking away your heritage.  Don't be ridiculous.  I never said we should cease all hunting, fishing, etc.  I just disagree with "hunting" (though I hardly think of shooting an animal someone else has done all the dirty work for as hunting) for cougars.  I'm curious as to why someone would want to do it.  And just so we're clear, I don't see how anyone would equate killing cougars with a part of their heritage.

I just wanted to know what the value is from killing a mountain lion.  I apologize for offending all of your delicate sensibilities.

Tex

well tex... if you are so curious about hunting, why don't you make an effort to get you hunting license? you never know you just might like it! 

and  yes" hunting" cougars are a part of Canada's heritage,after all it is hunting.   cougars are one of the hadest animals to hunt, i have seen two in the 15 years i have been hunting. thats why dogs are used,but that doesn't mean its easier,cougars can run for miles be for treed and the terrain is not for the old or faint of hart!

PS: its not always about the harvest,but the adventure.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 10:41:01 PM »

and surprisingly good table fare, once you get over the fact its cat....
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 05:26:31 PM »

If you dont like it dont rain on his parade and post it.

How can you possibly say that?!!! You are almost always the first person to "rain on [someone's] parade" in the fishing reports section.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2008, 08:51:52 PM »

How can you possibly say that?!!! You are almost always the first person to "rain on [someone's] parade" in the fishing reports section.

thanks for the compliment dion, that means a lot to me  :)
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »

and  yes" hunting" cougars are a part of Canada's heritage,after all it is hunting.   

Heritage: Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition.

Arranged marriages are part of some culture's heritages.  Does that make it right?
Killing elephants for their tusks is a part of some people's heritage.  Sound like a good idea to you?

No, I won't be getting a hunting license, but for the final time I don't have a problem with people going hunting.  I just don't like the idea of killing mountain lions.  I don't see the need or value in "hunting" them, especially when its not what I consider to be truly "hunting".

I'll leave this thread alone if you guys want. 

Regards,
Tex

limit time

• http://www.svmatch.com/allusers/4/
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2008, 08:05:47 PM »

and  yes" hunting" cougars are a part of Canada's heritage,after all it is hunting.   

Heritage: Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition.

Arranged marriages are part of some culture's heritages.  Does that make it right?
Killing elephants for their tusks is a part of some people's heritage.  Sound like a good idea to you?

No, I won't be getting a hunting license, but for the final time I don't have a problem with people going hunting.  I just don't like the idea of killing mountain lions.  I don't see the need or value in "hunting" them, especially when its not what I consider to be truly "hunting".

I'll leave this thread alone if you guys want. 

Regards,
Tex

well tex , some cultures may think eating beef is not right or the religion others have is not right.
i agree killing just for tusks would be poaching these days, but the aboriginals that use it for medicine or other beliefs may think different.

cougars are not endangered, and as long as animals are hunted lawfully then i have no problem with it!

by the way....what do you "consider to be truly hunting"

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 08:29:51 PM »

I dont think a mod should be doing that!

BCHunter

• Greenhorn Houndsman
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 03:09:26 PM »

nosey

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 03:30:24 AM »

I'm a deer hunter, not a cougar hunter but I can sure see the value in killing a mountain lion, a cat that size can kill 50 deer a year, we had a cougar move into our neighbourhood in Laidlaw 2 years ago and the local deer population just disapeared, went from there being deer sign and deer sightings quite constantly to nothing in 6 months. Now the damn thing was sighted watching the neighbourhood kids walking to the school bus about 2 months ago but they are just like ghosts and virtually impossible to hunt without hounds.
    I don't want to hear any crap about the balance of nature being disrupted when you shoot off the pedators either, we have replaced the cougar as the prime predator of deer so some of the cougars have to be eliminated too elsewhys they'll just starve after they kill off the available deer 

At one time there seemed to be quite a few hunters in B.C. that had pack of hounds and hunted cougars now due to political correctness and expense it seems to be a dying sport, and the cats just seem to be getting more numerous and bolder.
    Nice kitty man WTG!!!

BCHunter

• Greenhorn Houndsman
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2008, 06:24:42 PM »

I'm a deer hunter, not a cougar hunter but I can sure see the value in killing a mountain lion, a cat that size can kill 50 deer a year, we had a cougar move into our neighbourhood in Laidlaw 2 years ago and the local deer population just disapeared, went from there being deer sign and deer sightings quite constantly to nothing in 6 months. Now the damn thing was sighted watching the neighbourhood kids walking to the school bus about 2 months ago but they are just like ghosts and virtually impossible to hunt without hounds.
    I don't want to hear any crap about the balance of nature being disrupted when you shoot off the pedators either, we have replaced the cougar as the prime predator of deer so some of the cougars have to be eliminated too elsewhys they'll just starve after they kill off the available deer

At one time there seemed to be quite a few hunters in B.C. that had pack of hounds and hunted cougars now due to political correctness and expense it seems to be a dying sport, and the cats just seem to be getting more numerous and bolder.
    Nice kitty man WTG!!!

well put!

thanks

GRS1550

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 03:11:39 PM »

Nice Cat and Great pics, to bad some people have to be hipocrits.....
Rob
Play Hard, Fish Harder

nosey

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 08:55:23 AM »

Pm me your phone number BC hunter if the cat shows up fresh in my neighborhood again I'll give you a call, hounds do need to be exercised occasionally.

BCHunter

• Greenhorn Houndsman
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 05:16:57 AM »

email me if the cat returns, ynnad@shaw.ca

where are you located?