Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nicomekl River, November 11th 2008  (Read 5518 times)

coho_killer

Re: Nicomekl River, November 11th 2008
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »

to be honest i myself have only caught the sunfish in the nic in the summer and the begnning of thefall then there just gone! once the coho are in you just don't see them no more! maybe down lower you might find them but not in the upper! If you wassn catch and release some fish try picking up some of rodneys spinners that he has for sale they work great for most of the fish in there!

CK
Wild fish don't do drugs!

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 10:31:17 AM »

hey well i'm off to the nick now the girl friend just left for work so its time to get out there and see what i can fan dangle...   i fished the river from 208th down stream to 180th... its all good... water is on the rise slowly now thanks to the BC river level site... i wish i had a camera.... if there decent ill grab one for the grill... my buddy was the guinea pig... caught one of the nicest ones and bonked it  threw it on the bbq and it wasnt bad.... thought it would have been muddy but was nice pink firm flesh  take it easy all less talk more action....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 10:40:07 AM by tight-lines »
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 10:57:44 AM »

The "Nic" has secrets. 

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »

The "Nic" has secrets. 
and I know a few of them for all the ditches and creeks  :-X got to love good old ditch fishin' especilly with the steely's around the corner ;)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 06:10:51 PM »

well i hit the nick today for about 5 hours... got there and saw that the water was high quite extreme never fished the river this high.. and well i guess i knew what i was doing today and i was setting hook with percussion every hit...  i gotta say i had one of the best days of the season...   total of 12 fish landed... all released  but one i brought home for the frying pan... just under 14" bout a pound maybe a pound and a half .. pics are on the way....  but enough said was a great day on the river...

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 07:35:29 PM »

bullhead? lol jus kidding rainbows i assume?
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

bederko

• Fish ethically, always....
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 11:32:45 PM »

Tight-lines,

Probably not a good idea to post pictures of illegally harvested fish on the web...

Region 2 freshwater regulations:

CATCH QUOTAS
(See tables for exceptions)
Trout/char: 4, but not more than
• 1 over 50 cm
(2 hatchery steelhead allowed)
• 2 from streams or sloughs
And you must release:
Wild trout/char from streams or sloughs
(EXCEPT streams that flow into tidal
waters north of and including
Jervis Inlet)

I don't believe the Nic is North of Jervis Inlet... Stop killing wild cutties  >:( >:(, there are other fish to eat, like the bass in your avatar.   
A river is never quite silent; it can never, of its very nature, be quite still; it is never quite the same from one day to the next. It has its own life and its own beauty, and the creatures it nourishes are alive and beautiful also. Perhaps fishing is only an excuse to be near rivers. - Haig-Brown

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 11:35:35 PM »

Tight-Lines, you may want to get into the habit of checking the regulations before you head out. There is no retention of wild trout and char from streams in most of region 2. The Nicomekl is no exception.  :-[

Obviously, this is a case of being unaware of the regs rather than blatantly disregarding them as you have posted this fish on the web for the whole world to see.

Let this be a lesson to you and all others reading this, that it is your responsibility to know and follow the regulations on whatever water body you are fishing. Ignorance is no excuse.
Actions speak louder than words.

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 07:19:41 AM »

Tightlines..... The bass in your avator ,how did it taste ?? What kind of meat does a bass have  ( perch ,cod  ,trout ) ? I have never tried bass ,could you use bass instead of rock cod in there recipe's

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 08:02:39 AM »

whoa now.... holy **** you guys im a poacher....  **** should i  flee to mexico? i was not aware  of this regulation.....   dont get me wrong i have the regs in my tackle box all the time... and i understand the  Trout/char: 4, but not more than 1 over 50 cm.... 2 from streams or sloughs... i was not aware of me having to let the wild ones go... is that new this year? i know what the adipose fin is... moving from penticton ive  been fishing here all by my self  teaching myself as i go... all i can say is that im sorry.... i know its that five letter word every shumck and his uncle  uses  when he screws up and does something wrong...also i gotta say it will never happen again... photo is gone and will be forgotten about... take it easy to all...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 08:08:31 AM by Rodney »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 08:10:32 AM »

Keep the language clean please.

coho_killer

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 08:42:34 AM »

It's not a new regulation it's been there for years! we all make mistakes but you just have to read the regs more carefull and just when u think you read and know everything READ IT AGAIN! ;) The nic is a very cool ditch to fish but i found the fish i caught and kept(hatchery coho jacks) and cooked i found to taste muddy for some reason as apposed to keeping coho from other rivers thats don't taste muddy! Just remember again single BARBLESS HOOKS and NEVER KEEP WILD FISH EXCEPT FROM LAKES NEVER STREAMS OR RIVERS OR SLOUGHS! ever! Alot of members like to jump down ppls throats for little or big infractions keep that in mind! Maybe i'll see ya on the flow soon! Did you see lots of fish rise where you were fishing?

CK
Wild fish don't do drugs!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 10:54:46 AM »

I wont jump on you like some of the mob well. I am glad it was posted here and not on one of the other forums as you certainly would have never lived it down. Its a mistake, all humans make mistakes. You live and learn from them.

As far as taking a test for a fishing license as much as it does sound like a great idea it wont fly. License sales would be WAY down. It would be more of an inconvenience for people. They don't want to take up a hobby like fishing and have to be tested for it. Less licenses means less fish. Is that what you want?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 11:07:46 AM »

coho killer...  the  taste of the fish wasn't that bad... lots of garlic and lemon...  might of hid the "muddy" taste thanks for the tips on the regs.. i have  just read them throughly  and understand clearly  now... in region 8 there is no such restriction to keep wild trout...the majority of them  are wild.... i am sorry one again to those who feel i am a bad person i assure you it is the last time anything like this happens again...  as a young angler who wishes to learn it all i look at this site for advise and guidance... ohhh and coho killer there were lots of fish rising once the sun hit the horizon and turned the sky to that beautiful pinky orange color.... but none the less had the best day off in a while...

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »

I wont jump on you like some of the mob well. I am glad it was posted here and not on one of the other forums as you certainly would have never lived it down. Its a mistake, all humans make mistakes. You live and learn from them.
thanks for the understanding.... bbronswyk2000 im willing to do the test... learn what i haven't already heard or seen....