Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alice-Brohm Lake- area Hot Spot-Small inflatable or belly boat to loan or rent  (Read 3722 times)

Yofishon

Hi Guys !

Hope you're all ready for our 4th week of sun for the year , coming up this week.

I am embarking on a little camping trip to Alice Lake , to get some heavy sun on my back , and to do some local fishing. We used to head there as teens , for the party weekends etrc as kids , and I did a lot of Camp counselling in the area , so it will kind of be a nice to explore the old area again , and , hey , close to home . Just hope the bulldozers are working OT .......

1-Freshwater Lakes

I know the Alice Lake Chain and  Brohm are  always dependable for little guys question- Can anyone reccommend spots accessable  within say a 7 km hike in from 2wd road end , that can be fished from shore with reasonable success , by an experienced fisher-not only by fly.
                                                                                         With our cold late spring , there may be a possibility of the fish behaving more closely to late spring-early summer activity. Please include the squamish rivers , and or canoe access( as soon as my chiro gets back in town) and or entry points . I have heard that cheakamus lake can be good Thanks !

2- Freshwater rivers-   Squamish , Cheakamus or Birkenhead-any creative ideas for this time of year ?  Please include access points .  

I am camping at the Provincial campsite , and i'd like to welcome any fishers campers to pop up and join me , until next thursday. ( Reservation under Brian Smith- White '95 Ford Ranger 2wd pickup-Cell- 778 233-3570 , if within range )

I am looking to rent a small inflatable boat , zodiac type , and /or electric trolling motor , but can't afford a retail rental . If anyone has a small craft available , I could pay $50 ,  a damage deposit ( I am very responsible ) , and be extremely appreciative. Thanks !

Brian  home 988-5882   cell 778 233-3570

« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 12:11:53 AM by Yofishon »
Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy

The end of Cheakamus lake used to be pretty good at this time of year. Easy kind of hike, use red or silver lures. If you don't get any fish at least it's a nice place. Oh yah, bring beer. Bears hate beer breath. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Yofishon

Thanks TB !

Thats sounds like it may work for one of the days.
Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !