Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sunshine Coast (Sechelt)  (Read 7729 times)

Sinaran

Sunshine Coast (Sechelt)
« on: August 02, 2008, 04:00:27 PM »

Planning to make a visit up there for the weekend, first time for me and i don't know much about that place.  Now i am just wondering if there's any good fishing from the shore? and do u guys know of any nice place to stay for the night? (at a reasonable rate  ;) )     any infor regarding that location is greatly appreciated!      :-*
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Zach

• Fishing Photo's
Re: Sunshine Coast (Sechelt)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »

Theres some good shore fishing in Sechelt for bottom fish and salmon. I like to fish the beach at Davis Bay. If your looking for sole and other bottom fish the pier is always productive. For salmon I cast of the beach with buzz bomb's and spoon's. As far as accommodations go, try the Bella Beach Motel.

Good Luck

Zach

Sinaran

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 04:38:31 PM »

Theres some good shore fishing in Sechelt for bottom fish and salmon. I like to fish the beach at Davis Bay. If your looking for sole and other bottom fish the pier is always productive. For salmon I cast of the beach with buzz bomb's and spoon's. As far as accommodations go, try the Bella Beach Motel.

Good Luck

Zach
thanks dude! that's big help!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

goodoldays

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »

also try chapman creek, I hear they have coho entering in August. I have not personally fished there myself, but when i was out there in may talked to the hatchery ppl and they told me to come back in mid august It usually is a good time

Sinaran

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 12:42:28 AM »

also try chapman creek, I hear they have coho entering in August. I have not personally fished there myself, but when i was out there in may talked to the hatchery ppl and they told me to come back in mid august It usually is a good time
thanks dude, hopefully i would return with some exciting reports!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 12:55:48 AM »

The pier in Sechelt is quite small so it gets crowded this time of the year. From the end of the pier, you can cast out as far as you can (for you, that's probably like 10ft? ;) ) and fish bait on the bottom for sole and flounder. There are also many dogfish so be prepared to reel them in. The pilings of the pier often have schools of perch swimming nearby. Use a light spinning rod and drop the rig straight down for them. Lots of shiner perch around as well.

Sinaran

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 05:53:49 AM »

The pier in Sechelt is quite small so it gets crowded this time of the year. From the end of the pier, you can cast out as far as you can (for you, that's probably like 10ft? ;) ) and fish bait on the bottom for sole and flounder. There are also many dogfish so be prepared to reel them in. The pilings of the pier often have schools of perch swimming nearby. Use a light spinning rod and drop the rig straight down for them. Lots of shiner perch around as well.
what r u talking about 10 fts? It takes years of practice for me to get there!!!!   ;D ;D
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!