Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Hockey Pool Chat  (Read 100340 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Hockey Pool Chat
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2006, 04:59:20 PM »

I tried to veto that Hossa one which was the biggest lopsided one but I guess not enough owners did the same. Oh well, cant really blame BS blame the kids for being so dumb. Just means we have to really fight for points now.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2006, 05:00:42 PM »

I didn't veto the Hossa trade. Mcdonald and Giota is fair for a player who is running hot right now.
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2006, 05:02:18 PM »

For the record, all of those 2-1 pplayer deals will help out the kids.  They got 2 good players for one player.  Those 2 players will get more points combined then the one superstar will. ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2006, 06:05:38 PM »

AS much as I wouldn't mind making that trade IH8XC, I would have to let someone go.  Which I don't want to do right now.  I also think that is a steep price for Hossa.  A d-men and a guy I can't stand for him?  I'll have to mull it over for a bit!! ;)

I also notice that Ricky is trying to make an Ugly trade as well, wonder if it will get vetoed like my trades in the Points draft did??
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:13:23 PM by Big Steel »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2006, 06:33:11 AM »

Mine is not an ugly trade, at least I am wiling to give up my core players in order to make changes!! you are trading the kids players that you just picked up off of waivers !!! don't be vetoing my trade I have not voted against one of you'rs  ::)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2006, 11:06:56 AM »

THis isn't a "friends don't veto friends" thing. If you personally think the trade is unfair then veto it.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2006, 11:33:14 PM »

Looks like i'm getting a Vibrax from RoeHo, and i'm back up into third place. I have a few easier weeks ahead of me then i face Eddie. I'm only two points behind BS which is gonna be hard to catch up to considering he will probably blow cohoslayer out of the water.

As you see in the other pool i'm not doin' so well. so i've made a few changes. and plan to make more

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2006, 03:58:35 PM »

Well, I am olny up 5-0 on Slayer right now, and he has a lot more players playing tonight than I do!! ;D   

As for your Moves IH8XC, I obviuosly am always willing to make deals.  Rick, that crap you have been sending me, what is that?  You are going to have to do a bit better than that son.  You are my closest competition right now, I am not just going to hand Staal, Shannahan or Briere over to you and get pretty much ZIP in return, you are going to have to do just a bit better than Frolov, Arnason and what ever the heck the other guy was!! ;D  You are starting to propose like STB!! ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2006, 11:57:15 AM »

So i'm down to the bird. But that wont last considering he doesn't set his roster. The big blow out with Biff isn't really much of a blow out. Biff is just barely edging in his wins. But a win is a win i guess.

I dropped nabokov for Ollie the Goalie cuz i'd rather have a starting goalie than a alternator.

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2006, 04:15:42 PM »

Good move IH8XC :)
Might have to grab him tho ;D
Well I am gettin poned by rick in head-head! >:( He got a good early start on points right away so I dont know about catching up now :-\
Although its 2-0 in wins right now ;) And I have another win tonight...coming...atleast ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2006, 04:18:12 PM »

Good move IH8XC :)
Might have to grab him tho ;D
Well I am gettin poned by rick in head-head! >:( He got a good early start on points right away so I dont know about catching up now :-\
Although its 2-0 in wins right now ;) And I have another win tonight...coming...atleast ;D

DO IT!!!!  I would but I don't need him!!  Lil, just remember to set your lineups!! ??? ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2006, 05:40:53 PM »

This is getting ridiculous I sent Birdman a legitmate trade offer and he rejects it. Yet he accepts a worse offer from Thick Rick. Something smells fishy. VETO VETO VETO!!!!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2006, 05:50:10 PM »

I agree that last trade is AWFUL! ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2006, 06:40:16 PM »

I think you guy's need to understand how the points work in the first draft, because of the way that Brian set it up , players that have terrible rankings still are some of the best point getters in this league !!!  if you look at the trade I made with  Birdman you will see that it is not a terribly one sided trade !! both players that I am offering are high shot getters and because of the weird point system in place they get a point for every shot, so even if they suck at goals and assists they still get a crapload of points !!!!
when you look at the trade click the button that shows you all of the stats for this year and you will see that the point totals of all the players involved in that trade are very very close in total points !!!!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »

And Brian since you are Captain Veto I would like to see the trade that you proposed to Birdman !! could you please post it on here so we can see how many shots the players you were trading for get ???? I bet that the point totals weighed heavily in you're favour LOL  ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27