Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How many of you fish by yourselves?  (Read 5064 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
How many of you fish by yourselves?
« on: October 09, 2006, 02:38:28 PM »

The time has come for me to venture out on the river on my own and do some bushwhacking...I can't take the usual trolls anymore and I enjoy the hiking and exploring part of it...I got bear spray and a wading staff so should be covered if I have to doing any crossings etc. I like fishing with others but don't fish with anyone who's willing to hike. 

I guess the time comes when a few of you have been in the same situation? Any spots to avoid?..Am looking for some Nirvana I guess, a place with room to work a fly line and fish would help!!!....Obviously with the river this low it should be fairly easy to do, when she gets moving, might be a different story...

Am especially interested in Mid and upper river..and on the other side of the upper. Just worried about break in's over there as I've heard they are bad??? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...Won't give out anyones secret spots, Promise!!! 8)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: How many of you fish by yourselves?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 02:40:41 PM »

Sometimes I would love to, but I always wind up going out with someone.  Other times I just don't tell anyone I am going out!! :-* ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 02:59:58 PM »

;D  I like both, sometimes I feel going by myself other times I like fishing with freinds
weeeeeeeeeow!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 03:31:34 PM »

Fishing by yourself kinda seems boring specially if you get skunked! lol
[

frenchy

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 04:52:43 PM »

I always fish alone, just because I know nobody in BC that is ready to wake up at 4h and to bush-walk all morning to find nice spots... I will never understand people who do not like fishing.. ::).

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »

I like to fish with other people whenever I can. Unfortunatly, every once in a while I'm still forced to go out by myself. I've gone on some massive bushwacks on my own but I always wear my wading belt, carry a cell phone and other provisional supplies. I also have a life jacket that I wear on days that I know I'll be doing some crossings.
Actions speak louder than words.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 05:04:56 PM »

My first fishing companion was an Airdale terrier. Would fish with people as well. When the dog died and I had to go it alone quite often do to bizarre work schedules. Still fish with two legged and four legged friends, depending on schedules.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 07:49:13 PM »

Depends where i go. I like fishing with one buddy, maybe two. Any more than that is crowded. But not finding a partner has never stopped me.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 08:13:34 PM »

I like to fish with other people whenever I can. Unfortunatly, every once in a while I'm still forced to go out by myself. I've gone on some massive bushwacks on my own but I always wear my wading belt, carry a cell phone and other provisional supplies. I also have a life jacket that I wear on days that I know I'll be doing some crossings.

biffchan - I don't understand your avatar - can you fill me in?

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 08:36:23 PM »

biffchan - I don't understand your avatar - can you fill me in?

I'm actually a fun loving brunette, looking for a fishing partner. Before I had to pose as a guy so that I could feel you guys out without getting hundreds of emails from guys hitting on me. But now the cats out of the bag.  :-*

Or it could just be that I've been too lazy to change it from before when we were just putting up pics of pretty girls because they were better to look at than partially dressed men.

Actions speak louder than words.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 08:39:40 PM »

I dont really enjoy gear fishing alone. I do love to throw a fly alone however. Fly fishing is more of an art and kind of soothing and peaceful to me. I was throwing the fly today in a couple rivers. I caught a ton of chum and one coho, all released.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

ko

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 08:53:47 PM »

if you like to walk and wade , explore  the chehalis is the place to go. this is where you find the true angler and conservationist. for the most part the anglers here care and protect all the salmon species. ive fished the chehalis since 1988,and i cant get enough of it, walk up into the canyon, very peacful, most of the anglers are friendly, and LOTS OF HOS. get there early , because alot of the spots can only fish six guys, thats why a person comes to know alot of the anglers that have been going there for years. i look forward going there every year and seeing the same faces and fishing with the guys that make the days enjoyable

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 09:12:41 PM »

more than eighty percent of the time i fish alone. not always by choice as much as my work schedule varies.

i do alot of bushwacking so i usually have to travel heavy. i bring extra gear, first aid, bear spray, bottled water, dry vac food, hardware, wading stick and of course two or three heavy duty hunting knives.

when i can find a brand of pfd that i like, i will add that to my list.

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 09:44:23 PM »

Fishing alone sucks for me.. I either like going with a friend or with my dad :)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 11:34:26 PM »

I did it a lot last winter...I don't mind it except when you start hearing rustling in the bushes and noticed bear scat on the way in...that said, I'd always prefer going with someone for the most part....Winter is different though cause the leaves are gone and you can see farther into the bush..It creeps me out with all the leaves still on and you can feel the hair on the back of your neck stand up... :D