Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How many of you fish by yourselves?  (Read 5066 times)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
Re: How many of you fish by yourselves?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 12:13:29 AM »

I love fishing alone, it's the only place I can truely be in the zone and at one with my thoughts... Having that personal space and alone time is a true gift.

If I am not alone, I am usually with my boyfriend, as he adds something joyous and positive to my experience, a true pleasure to have around!

If you ever see me out on the river though, call out my name and I'll happly talk, but let me know who you are and from which forum, I know and have met alot of people via various forums and can get confused sometimes :D

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 12:26:43 AM »

I did it a lot last winter...I don't mind it except when you start hearing rustling in the bushes and noticed bear scat on the way in...that said, I'd always prefer going with someone for the most part....

I like going with someone too when I see bear spoor.  That way when I run away, the other guy can be the distraction!   ;D

Seriously though, I'm so used to going out alone that it doesn't bother me one way or the other.  I like company too and it's always nice to share the ride home with a buddy or meet up with a few friends on the flow.
President Club S. C. & P.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 09:24:58 AM »

Either alone or with a friend that doesnt talk much  ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 10:43:49 AM »

I usually fish with searun and bigcreyfish(bigsteel). But one of them sure talks to much(not searun but the other). Sure makes it difficult to enjoy a nice peacefull day sometimes. I have now loaded up the mp3 player for those days  ;D ;D ;D . Searun and i have been fishing together for just over 6 years and bigcreyfish for about 3.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »

I love fishing alone, it's the only place I can truely be in the zone and at one with my thoughts... Having that personal space and alone time is a true gift.

If I am not alone, I am usually with my boyfriend, as he adds something joyous and positive to my experience, a true pleasure to have around!

If you ever see me out on the river though, call out my name and I'll happly talk, but let me know who you are and from which forum, I know and have met alot of people via various forums and can get confused sometimes :D

Cheers,
Nicole

What happened this weekend? Did you go out by the mouth??? Well??? dying to give that a try too..

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 01:52:43 PM »

yep we had a great day Saturday... Posted report here:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=12183.15

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 05:35:24 PM »

for years i fished mostly by myself and enjoyed the solitude and peace on the rivers,from time to time i would take someone new to fishing out and show them some tips and i really enjoyed that.For The last several years my two fishing partners are fly guy and big steel and we get along real well,for the most part i don't enjoy going fishing with big groups of people,1 or two guys is more than enough as long as we are all on the same page all is good.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 05:43:57 PM »

Yeah I have a blast with you guys, but all three of us haven't made it out together for a long time now!!  We just may have to rectify that this weekend!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 05:50:38 PM »

yep we had a great day Saturday... Posted report here:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=12183.15

Cheers,
Nicole

Nice read, black muddlers huh?...I'll give um a shot...No problems with parking down at the entrance? Is it ok to row out there?