Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder September 24  (Read 7232 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: Vedder September 24
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »

XGOLFMAN I told you to come with us  ;D ;D ;D
I can't add much more to this post as Merc has summed it up pretty good, I have to give credit where credit is due.. Dave found this water for us and it contained fish ... alot of fish :)  I have bugging him for a while now and he keeps telling me he knows how to find Coho, and I always call Bull $*&% on him.. well here you have it Dave can find Coho  ;D ;D it was one of the best days I have ever had on the flow, lots of springs but more importantly lots of Coho, in fact we managed to catch four species of salmon today, Spring, Sockeye, Coho and Chum .. Merc and I managed to catch all four and Dave got three of four, no Coho for him allthough he did have a couple on throughout the day :)  what more can you ask for??  awesome weather awesome fishing and awesome friends  ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 12:36:50 PM »

Hopefully there is room there to cast a fly. As the last time we where in there was last winter and I can't remember if there is room. I guess I will find out this weekend. Great job guys.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 02:00:45 PM »

hang on while i put my shades on  ;D very nice guys and great report.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 06:12:35 PM »

Hey Fish Freak, how was your day? :)  You should have been there man, that Karma thing that I was telling you about seemed to work out real decent for us!! :D  ;D

PS:  There are more pics, we just have to fix up the background a bit!!  Or just totally remove the backround, or put in a totally different background.......  I think you get the picture!! ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 06:17:17 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 07:52:42 PM »

2-2 in the derby still bigsteel ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 08:18:45 PM »

;D you tell him freak
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 08:22:16 PM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 08:33:28 PM »

nice pics and wow love those fish. man i gotta get out with you guys real soon.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 08:39:28 PM »

i was suposed to go out yesterday, i guess i missed out, man i hate u cousins u suck! Jeese nice pics, tobad i couldn't have seen u there! If roe and wool is all u were using then i guess i might have done well to? I guess those coho are gonna have to wait for me, till saturday, thanks for the report hope to see u guys out there! 

P.S. I'm still pissed about not getting out and u guys cleaning out >:( Sucks to be me, but what ever i'll be there sunday!
Fish killer 101

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 09:06:59 PM »

Dont brag to much about your great fishing day, cause you know what happens to people that brag, they get skunked not just one outing a few outings, so just be carefull on how much this day will go to your head cause it could turn around and bite you staight in the my friend, Have a nice day DAAAAAAAVE !!!!!!!!!!!
BLAH BLAH BLAH!!  You really don't want to go fishing with me agaiin do you!!  ::) Stop being bitter about getting skunked.   ;D
As for me getting skunked, I really don't care if I do or not.  I am out there to get out of the house and have a great time.  If I get fish, then it's a bonus.

Ps Freak, if you are trying to put a curse on me, go ahead, it isn't going to work I have way to many tricks up my sleeve for that to work!! ;D  Remember, confidence goes a lone way.  You can call me cocky if you like.  Doesn't bother me in the least. ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 09:30:52 PM »

Hey steel u heading out saturday or sunday? If u are i hope i see u on the river. Tight lines

good fishing to yah!
Fish killer 101

mark

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to catch salmon, its just about being at the right spot at the right time. Use roe and everything will go for it too. There is no bait like the natural thing.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 10:01:46 PM »

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to catch salmon, its just about being at the right spot at the right time. Use roe and everything will go for it too. There is no bait like the natural thing.

there is more to fishing than bait.. remember 10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 10:34:22 PM »

You all see the forecast and the water dropping like a rock?  Don't be surprised if the fish start to hole up in the Fraser and wait for some rain. I'm not saying that the fishing's going to be crap, because the fish that are in will be more concentrated and maybe more aggitated.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 09:17:23 AM »

the 10% of the fisherman who catch 90% of the fish have the best ROE,  the skill is more in finding fish away from hordes of chumps

I used to believe that roe was the ultimate bait but days such as Sunday disprove that theory.. we had much more luck with tiny peices of yarn than we did with anything else.. not to say that the roe didn't produce but the yarn was the #1 bait on that day!!! and that is not the first time :) 

and finding the right place is key, however ask the two fishermaen that were fishing with us why they didn't hook up even once in the time that all three of us hooked up at least twice each !! :o

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 09:33:29 AM »

So Thick Rick were the yarn you were using trimmed back to the size of a dime, and were you using any scent on the yarn?