Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder September 24  (Read 7062 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Vedder September 24
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 10:53:35 AM »

the 10% of the fisherman who catch 90% of the fish have the best ROE,  the skill is more in finding fish away from hordes of chumps
theres alot more to fishing than finding where they are and usuing roe!!, ALOT MORE. ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 11:03:54 AM »

I ended up fishing small dime sized pieces of wool (or slightly smaller and real wispy), some larger quarter sized pieces (BS, remember that last spring you caught that had broken off on me with the red wool?), and roe pieces from honking huge gobs down to just the skein with an egg or two on.  I forgot to mention on my report that BS caught the same spring twice (he was visiblymarked on the body) and he caught a spring that had broken off on me earlier (still had my red wool and hook in its mouth).  I used roe/anise scent on some and not on others.  Colors went the gamut. Dark red, peach, pink, light pink, light purple, fuschia.  Funny thing, I seem to recall last year the afternoon bite was way better than the early morning too. 
President Club S. C. & P.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 05:16:17 PM »

I ended up fishing small dime sized pieces of wool (or slightly smaller and real wispy), some larger quarter sized pieces (BS, remember that last spring you caught that had broken off on me with the red wool?), and roe pieces from honking huge gobs down to just the skein with an egg or two on.  I forgot to mention on my report that BS caught the same spring twice (he was visiblymarked on the body) and he caught a spring that had broken off on me earlier (still had my red wool and hook in its mouth).  I used roe/anise scent on some and not on others.  Colors went the gamut. Dark red, peach, pink, light pink, light purple, fuschia.  Funny thing, I seem to recall last year the afternoon bite was way better than the early morning too. 
Yeah I remember that one Merc, so does my thumb!! ;D  You would think after already doing battle, that the buggar would have been tired.  But man did he ever go.  Down river, up river back down then back up!!  If every Spring faught like that I would start fishing for them again!!  That was a blast. ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 07:05:15 PM »

Yeah I remember that one Merc, so does my thumb!! ;D  You would think after already doing battle, that the buggar would have been tired.  But man did he ever go.  Down river, up river back down then back up!!  If every Spring faught like that I would start fishing for them again!!  That was a blast. ;D
yeah they sure fight hard when there snagged in the tail ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 07:42:06 PM »

the 10% of the fisherman who catch 90% of the fish have the best ROE,  the skill is more in finding fish away from hordes of chumps

I used to believe that roe was the ultimate bait but days such as Sunday disprove that theory.. we had much more luck with tiny peices of yarn than we did with anything else.. not to say that the roe didn't produce but the yarn was the #1 bait on that day!!! and that is not the first time :) 

and finding the right place is key, however ask the two fishermaen that were fishing with us why they didn't hook up even once in the time that all three of us hooked up at least twice each !! :o

If you don't mind puting up with hooking springs and chum alot wool is ok, but if you want to maximize your chances of getting coho, roe or blades is the way.
Fish on!

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 10:45:04 PM »

Nice fish dudes.

But help me out here...why are these photos posted on at least 3 different forums? Does every angler in the Province need to see the fish you caught?

At what point does reporting end, and ego grandstanding begin? Admittedly, my own reports are not completely altruistic and there is an element of grandstanding...but 3 forums? Did you not get enough affirmation as children?

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 10:51:51 PM »

I don't assume that everyone on other sites are members here, or reads this forum. I have friends on other sites who aren't members here so I share my success and hope it whets their appetites for the fish to come.  And it serves to show people that the fish are out there and biting despite low water conditions.  As always, I am more than happy to share any info about how I caught the fish if they ask.  The only thing I won't do is reveal location as this was a spot I was shown and I respect the person's wishes who showed it to me. 
President Club S. C. & P.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 06:36:40 AM »

Nice fish dudes.

But help me out here...why are these photos posted on at least 3 different forums? Does every angler in the Province need to see the fish you caught?

At what point does reporting end, and ego grandstanding begin? Admittedly, my own reports are not completely altruistic and there is an element of grandstanding...but 3 forums? Did you not get enough affirmation as children?

As an analogy, do you complain to all the local newspapers and radio stations and TV channels for running the same story in a given day?

Your complaint is based in childish envy, not logic.

And you're a big poohead buzzkill.  :-*

-dk

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 08:25:22 AM »

Nice fish dudes.

I definately enjoy the posts more when there's a picture so keep it up guys. 

Fish on!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 09:03:01 AM »

Nice fish guys, sounds like you had a blast :)  Tiny pieces of yarn worked and roe didnt huh...?  Sounds like youre ALMOST ready to come to the dark side!! (Flyfishing of course  ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 10:32:12 AM »

I used to believe that roe was the ultimate bait but days such as Sunday disprove that theory.. we had much more luck with tiny peices of yarn than we did with anything else.. not to say that the roe didn't produce but the yarn was the #1 bait on that day!!! and that is not the first time :) 

and finding the right place is key, however ask the two fishermaen that were fishing with us why they didn't hook up even once in the time that all three of us hooked up at least twice each !! :o

If you don't mind puting up with hooking springs and chum alot wool is ok, but if you want to maximize your chances of getting coho, roe or blades is the way.

That is a wifes tale ... Spring Chum Pink Sockeye Coho all hit roe with the same consistency at least in my opinion..... same with blades.. the only difference you as a fisherman can make is choosing different types of water for different types of salmon...

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2006, 10:40:50 AM »

That is a wifes tale ... Spring Chum Pink Sockeye Coho all hit roe with the same consistency at least in my opinion..... same with blades.. the only difference you as a fisherman can make is choosing different types of water for different types of salmon...

Hey Rick, no reply from my email about my hamster??  :o

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 03:58:01 PM »

keep the reports comming!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006, 06:55:59 PM »

We'll see, I am heading back out there tomorrow.  But I highly doubt there will be beak after beak out there tossing everything at them.  As stated in the thread earlier.  The run was real quite all day, with only one other guy there.   ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 08:02:05 PM »

You'll change your mind as you keep putting in more time...  LOL

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:12:59 PM by bug pumper »
Fish on!