Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FISHING WITH ROD HOCKEY POOL  (Read 42604 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: FISHING WITH ROD HOCKEY POOL
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2006, 04:25:47 PM »

Yeah I saw that no worrries.  Now on another note.  Don't kybosh my trades pending!!! ;D ;D   I get these and I am done.  That doesn't mean that I won't be open to offers though!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2006, 04:48:15 PM »

I'm gonna join both leagues. So i guess i'll be tying a few more flies lol. I am happy with .25pts per shot.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »

After re-reading this thread, going to the gym, eating dinner and then letting it all sink in here is what I have to say:

First off, I feel that it is silly to have to different pools. It does nothing but divide us further which isn't good in the least. That said, I would still participate in a second league, however, I just think one makes more sense.

At this point I'm still not entirley sure what went on. Obviously me and Eddie both have different ideas on what happened. I'm sure that I saw goals and assisits being both worth one point initially. Actually when I first I saw this I thought it looked somewhat funny but didn't say anything. Think about it, why would I pick Lidstrom 10th overall? Anyways, whatever happened we need to find a solution to this problem that works for everyone. After the time/work we put into the original draft, I think its silly to bother re-drafting. If we leave goals as 2pts then it benefits only Eddie, as from this thread he was apparently the only person who counted on this type on scoring system. If we drop goals down to one point it puts Eddie at a disadvantage which isn't really fair as he did set it all up and next to me he probably put in the most time doing research. I have two solutions to this. Either 1.) we keep goals at 2pts but drop the shooting stats this way it still gives Eddie his original edge, however, it does not so strongly effect us who did not draft goal stories. 2.) We just drop this pool and create a new one with a level playing field.
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2006, 07:02:03 PM »

After re-reading this thread, going to the gym, eating dinner and then letting it all sink in here is what I have to say:

First off, I feel that it is silly to have to different pools. It does nothing but divide us further which isn't good in the least. That said, I would still participate in a second league, however, I just think one makes more sense.

At this point I'm still not entirley sure what went on. Obviously me and Eddie both have different ideas on what happened. I'm sure that I saw goals and assisits being both worth one point initially. Actually when I first I saw this I thought it looked somewhat funny but didn't say anything. Think about it, why would I pick Lidstrom 10th overall? Anyways, whatever happened we need to find a solution to this problem that works for everyone. After the time/work we put into the original draft, I think its silly to bother re-drafting. If we leave goals as 2pts then it benefits only Eddie, as from this thread he was apparently the only person who counted on this type on scoring system. If we drop goals down to one point it puts Eddie at a disadvantage which isn't really fair as he did set it all up and next to me he probably put in the most time doing research. I have two solutions to this. Either 1.) we keep goals at 2pts but drop the shooting stats this way it still gives Eddie his original edge, however, it does not so strongly effect us who did not draft goal stories. 2.) We just drop this pool and create a new one with a level playing field.

Biff everything is already looked after and it didn't take one of your ideas to do it!!  One question though, you had just said that it was silly to bother re-drafting, then at the end you said create a new league with a level playing field!!  Would this not mean re-drafting? ;D
  We are going to do both leagues, and a lot of us like the idea of a different league with a different turn on it.  It is up to you whether or not you want to join a second one.  For myself, I am looking forward to drafting again.  Had a blast the first time and I am having a blast building my team right now.  Let's just say I have put a ton of research into this the last couple nights and I am leaving no stone unturned in an effort to get the best team that I can. ;)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2006, 07:16:44 PM »

As I said I dont care if I win or lose. I'll take it as a challenge instead. No biggie to me.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2006, 08:13:31 PM »

so can i join this hockey pool or am i too late and if not what i have to do?

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2006, 08:21:45 PM »

Go to the other thread, we have another one you can join!  The draft is set for Monday. :)