Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder - Chilliwack accomadations?  (Read 1548 times)

Rybar

Vedder - Chilliwack accomadations?
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:00:38 AM »

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. I'm looking for a place to stay along the river. Not a Bed & Breakfast but where myself and a few buddies can hang out and do some fishing nearby. What is the name of those small cabins near the crossing bridge? or if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Ryan

Nostro

Re: Vedder - Chilliwack accomadations?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:58:21 AM »

The one you are talking about at the crossing is not for tourist rentals. Those cabins are rented to welfare tenants.
The link below is a campground. It is on the river, close to Yarrow. It is a great place if you want to fish. You need camping equipment. The Vedder is closed until July 1 though.
http://www.cultuslake.bc.ca/vedder/
If you do want to camp, there are some more campgrounds further up river, at the Tamahai bridge and another at Thurston Meadows. Both are great locations if you want to fish.
On the Fraser river side, Island 22 is a camp ground, right on the river. The Fraser is flooding right now and fishing from shore is not yet recommended.
Hope these help.
Enjoy! :)
Never look a fish in the eye.

Lew Chater

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:11:17 AM »

Rybar.....One of our sponsors for the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Coalition is the Vedder River Inn at 5788 Vedder Rd. Tel 604 824 7999. These units are not fancy but reasonable and about 1.5 km from the Vedder Crossing Bridge. They are the closest rental cabins that I know of to the river. You might want to give them a call. I'm sure you know that the Chwk Vedder River is closed to fishing until July 1st. Hope this helps you out.
Fishing is not a matter of Life or Death... it's more important ~!

Rybar

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 08:18:39 AM »

Yes I know it is closed, this is for the fall. I'm trying to plan part of a stag for my buddy. I really appreciate the info guys.