Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 72961 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Bodybuilding Thread!!
« on: March 11, 2006, 08:42:39 PM »

I know that there is one on another forum, but I was wondering if there was anyone here at Rod's were interested in bodybuilding as well.  So this is for the gym rats, or those that just want to stay in, or get into shape!!!  Everyone is welcome to give up and tips or programs that they would like!! ;D
  I have been back training for about a month, was way to long of a break from the gym!!! Many injuries had helped keep me away.  But I am feeling much healthier now, have totally changed my lifestyle!!!  No more junk food and Coke!! ::)  I love it, don't know why it took me so long to get back into it!!! ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 09:09:03 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 09:08:08 PM »

Work out 4-5 times a week to stay in shape. Not into bodybuilding.

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 11:38:53 PM »

my new job will get me into shape (or kill me first) I'll find out Monday when I start. I'll be working at Kal Tire Commercial division (changing commercial vehicle tires) 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. What better exercise routine, and I'll get paid to do it :)

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 06:22:51 AM »

tall and skinny is a shape... :D :D

mojo gets excercise enuff just gittin' outta bed...and I've been doin' it everyday for almost 50 yrs now ;D.....gonna hate it when I decide to stop :-[
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 09:13:31 AM »

my new job will get me into shape (or kill me first) I'll find out Monday when I start. I'll be working at Kal Tire Commercial division (changing commercial vehicle tires) 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. What better exercise routine, and I'll get paid to do it :)
Good job on the job RD, I know that you were looking for a decent one!!  There is one adage that I have always used, work is fine to help a person stay in shape for a while, but eventually, your body will get used to what it's doing and work will become just work!! WIll have next to no effect on ones ability to get into shape!!.  My reason for thois analogy, well, I am a thermo-former.  What that means is that my job involves left a lot of heavy Hot-tubs around, and working with a maasive oven all day.  That oven, is always around 500 degrees F!!!!  Also, I have to manipulate the sheet we use to form the hot tub, while it is at about 500 deg. as well!!  We are basically doing an Aerobic workout all day!!!  For the first while, I was doing good, and this was helping me, but as time went on, and the body adapted to the conditions I was putting it under, that job ceased to have an effect on being used as a workout!!!  Now, 5 years later, I had found that I had actually fattened up, it didn't matter that I was sweating for 8 hrs a day!  But now that I have begun my training again, I again feel better, and guess what, my job has become even easier!!!  Which is a rather nice side effect!! ;)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 12:05:42 PM »

I'm usually at the gym just about every day of the week, (when I'm not fishing of course). I usually alter between one day on weights and one day cardio.  I just started doing cardio about 2 months ago and I can already run a 5:30 mile.  :o Of course I have always been a pretty good runner even when I wasn't doing it frequently. Did anyone here ever have to do the beep test when they were in highschool? The last time I ever did it was in grade 9 when I got 110 on it.  ;D
Actions speak louder than words.

JackFunk

• Miskatonic U. Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 02:12:43 PM »

Used to hit it up pretty hard, but in the last few years slacked due to the job i had travelling quite a bit.

Also changed my workout focus from getting bigger, to staying as strong and flexible at 175lbs so I don't have to move up to the next weight class in bjj/sub grappling.

Still have my lifetime membership at fitness world, think I might get back in there and hit it again for summer, fill out my shirts a bit better again  ;)

I wish there was a cool gym downtown with a convertible roof, no neon, better music. Or maybe even an outdoor pit like Venice Beach, would be nice to get a tan while working out, although with the weather here, it would soon become a rust pile :D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 06:23:26 PM »

Still have my lifetime membership at fitness world, think I might get back in there and hit it again for summer, fill out my shirts a bit better again  ;)

I wish there was a cool gym downtown with a convertible roof, no neon, better music. Or maybe even an outdoor pit like Venice Beach, would be nice to get a tan while working out, although with the weather here, it would soon become a rust pile :D

That Venice Beach like thing would be pretty cool, but you are right about the rust pile!!! ;D
  We decided to go to a 4 day cycle, work on isolation and intensity.  Had a good buffer period for the last 6 weeks, so time to turn up the pressure again!!  Had been doing a 6 day cycle, but the by the time we got around to starting the next cycle, we felt that we had had to much rest on certian muscle goups.  So, nothing better then a change up!!! ;) ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 11:32:12 AM »

Well I think I am the guy from the other site that you are reffering to.. but I will respond anyways... if anyone here ever wants some tips or info lemme know... and don't forget that I have a Sports Nutrition Stor in North Van and everyone from this site and the other gets 20% of everything in the store..... and if you buy your supplements from me I will set you up on an eating plan for free!!!!
Rick

PROSOURCE NUTRITION
1823 CAPILANO ROAD
NORTH VANCOUVER

604-990-8781

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 06:16:16 PM »

Actually thickrick, I did not know that you had a Nutrition Store!!! :o  I was referring to Eddie99!!!  I thought that he had started a Bodybuilding Thread on another site, could have been mistaken though!!!
  I went looking at some supplements last week and I was rather surprised about how much things are nowadays!!!  So I might need to get in touch with you over the next month or so regarding some supplements!!  Thanks for the offer of 20% off!!  ;) That is rather generous!! ;D ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 09:58:36 PM »

Ricks a good guy. Hes a wide guy too LOL. Short and wide. The short guys always bug me since its easier for them to look big. For every one of my reps they are doing two. I am just maintaining right now. Not in the mood to start something before my trip to Mexico in May. I workout 6 days a week 2 hours a day. Follow a regimented diet, do plenty of cardio and weights and have a six pack to show for it LOL. I also spend about $200/month in supplements. Allot of it goes right to protein. Other staples in supplements for me are a multi vitamin, glutamine, vitamin C, creatine, and BCAA's. Their are others that I use but it depends on what my current goals are. You just need to watch out for the "latest craze" like the new one Gakic. It claims to give you instant increaes of 10% on your lifts. I say bull****. I dont like the maker MuscleTech either as I have never trusted their products and they are over priced.

One day I will come to your store to talk business Rick and maybe we could go for a workout together as well.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 11:14:51 AM »

Ricks a good guy. Hes a wide guy too LOL. Short and wide. The short guys always bug me since its easier for them to look big. For every one of my reps they are doing two.
One day I will come to your store to talk business Rick and maybe we could go for a workout together as well.

sounds good.... I think the fact that I am  247 pounds has something to do with the reason I look wide though hahaha  ... 

I have a show coming up in August .. I am starting my diet in April... maybe I will post updates on here.. keep it interesting.. is there anyone else on this site that has ever concidered getting on stage?????

by the way you are right when you say there is a lot of garbage on the market.. Gakic and anything else by Muscletech is overpriced and never performs like they claim...  when I sell something in my store it means I have tried it and it works.. and I don't carry any Muscletech haha...  there are a few supplements that have come out lately that are frickin amazing..
if you wanna know more let me know
cheers Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 12:27:46 PM »

I have a show coming up in August .. I am starting my diet in April... maybe I will post updates on here.. keep it interesting.. is there anyone else on this site that has ever concidered getting on stage?????

After seeing your pics........ :o :o :o

In all seriousness though I wouldn't mind throwing another 15lbs onto my frame. But that will have to wait until the summer as I always seem to plateau or loose weight while I'm up at school. I'm also not too sure about the protien I use. I'm not too big on supplements but I do go thorugh quiet a bit of the cheap protien from superstore.
Actions speak louder than words.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 12:51:13 PM »

I have thought about entering shows but I would need to get to the next level. Maybe its something you could help me with. I will get some pics together and put them in my album for you to see where I am at right now and what you think I need to do. Hopefully I can get together with you soon, just hard with my wife making all these plans lately. I'll be in touch.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 03:14:05 PM »

hey biffcan... that stuff you buy from superstore is very low quality protein.. you would definately be better off using a higher quality whey protein at least 80% level... the thig is if you come visit me I can give you a great deal on some good stuff.. it will not be that much more than what you are paying for the superstore stuff

and Eddie yeah for sure if you want some pointers come see me.. we can work something out

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........