Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 129670 times)

skymaster

I just hop in my car and do the 90 min drive and look for myself ;)

mvelasco

I just hop in my car and do the 90 min drive and look for myself ;)
yeeeep, even low vis I still try!

joshhowat

Fished the vedder tonight around peach water was prime at least 2' of vis. Would be awesome tomorrow.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough

Upper and lower was in prime shape when i was there today.

Burkie

Today's river report from freds website

A ton of rain over the last few days has kept the river dirty with lots of volume. It has dropped over night and its realistic to say we have 3"-6" visibility which should improve over the coming days if rain hold off.

liketofish

• Old Timer

So is it 3" visibility or 3' visibility?  ;D

Dave

• Old Timer

So is it 3" visibility or 3' visibility?  ;D
Depends on whose eyes are looking :D    Mine say 18" max at the Vedder bridge right now.

the_tall_man

Anyone know if the river is back in shape?
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Anyone know if the river is back in shape?
Nice shape in my mind when I was out this morning. Saw a nice wild buck taken and was sorry I did not get to it in time to tube it for the brood stock program. I had no sucess but heard of a few others taken including another lost in the area I was in.

the_tall_man

Nice shape in my mind when I was out this morning. Saw a nice wild buck taken and was sorry I did not get to it in time to tube it for the brood stock program. I had no sucess but heard of a few others taken including another lost in the area I was in.

Roughly speaking, upper or lower river?
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

Dave

• Old Timer

River conditions improved all afternoon - will be prime and packed tomorrow ..

mr.pink

i was there today,upper is about 6' below the clay is about 3',little high yet,but great shape. i hit 2 one mid and one upper.great day,frosty in am though,the first half hour was brutal on the fingers.cheers.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Roughly speaking, upper or lower river?
Lower

mvelasco

lower near hopedale is around 2.5 feet and near borden around 3ft. good day out, watched two hooked and one landed. just a little windy.

Drewhill

Good vis throughout the river. Surprising amount of people out for a weekday. Even with all the rain and boost in levels it didn't seem like there were more fish caught compared to any other day this year. Guy told me he landed a wild but he was also using 10+ feet from float to weight in water that wasn't more than 5 feet deep  :-\