Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 128974 times)

Toprod

One wild for me about 10 pounds, fought like hell. Took the usual roe bag, short floated.

Saw two other wilds carefully released by others as well, beauty day and nice water conditions.

We were on the lower river.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

Today was a warm one, felt more like summer steelheading. Water was perfect, fished from daybreak till 1, landed 3. Two wilds and a hatch, that's the kind of late season action I've been waiting for. Biggest of the bunch was about 13-14 pounds, fought like a wet sock though. Other two fought great. All three were caught from top end to bottom end, one from each section of river, all on blades.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water up some from the recent hot spell, fishable. Few anglers around Lickman, one angler said he had landed one.

firebird

Popped in at Hopedale area for a couple of hours this afternoon. The river was gorgeous and I saw two bright fish released. Have yet to feel a fish on my nice spey outfit but I foresee a hard smash coming soon  ;D

Dave

• Old Timer

Popped in at Hopedale area for a couple of hours this afternoon. The river was gorgeous and I saw two bright fish released. Have yet to feel a fish on my nice spey outfit but I foresee a hard smash coming soon  ;D
Hope so or my rod building credibility is out the window ... right? :) :) :)

firebird

Hope so or my rod building credibility is out the window ... right? :) :) :)
The rod's a bute Dave. I just need to hit a fish or two to build the confidence. Then they'll come in droves ::). I'll be vacationing all next week, using it in a secret spot full of behemoths which will test your building skills to the max :o. Let's hope it's still in 4 solid pieces at the end of the trip ;D.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was lovely today, very few anglers out and I even landed a steelhead, the river must be full of them. ;D ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

I did not get one are you sure?
The Bigger The Better!

yoda

Fished two other long runs after i saw you today Chris.
As you said, not many anglers out. No luck for me.
Nice to know why . And i thought that was bottom i was hitting with my lead all day.
Must  have been so many fish that it was hitting their backs. :D :D

big spring

Thinking of going to veddar tomorrow,can someone shed some info on water condition.thanks.cheers.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

Water a bit high for my liking but gin clear on the upper...