Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Squamish Pinks  (Read 71267 times)

1stlite

Re: Squamish Pinks
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2013, 01:09:25 PM »

The gate is opened but only a small part of the dyke is open for anglers to park. The rest is still blocked off by concrete blocks. The stretch along the dyke holds about 30 cars (but that depends on where the drivers come from, Richmond... or Vancouver... From Richmond, maybe only 10 cars).
Do the people in Richmond drive large vehicles? Oh! Now I get it, people from Richmond = Bad parking job. That's a good one Rod.

azafai

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2013, 01:35:20 PM »

Richmond drivers don't even dare to drive on that dyke road.  too challenging!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2013, 01:46:19 PM »

No one has a small car in Richmond. You want to be as big as possible, to survive the parking situation in this city.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2013, 01:51:20 PM »

How come when I go to Ikea 90% of what I see is little cars ?

I was just there last week grabbing the last cabinet for our bathroom reno. ended up spending a few mins helping a girl pack 5 sizable boxes into her little BMW, was a good thing she didn't have her child with her or it wouldn't have all fit LoL (there was a booster seat in the car)

Rod - were you taking that pic for your insurance purposes ?  :P
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2013, 01:53:21 PM »

No one has a small car in Richmond. You want to be as big as possible, to survive the parking situation in this city.

Cause most of them are rich and they can afford big and luxury suv. plus they don't even have to write a driver licence test , They just paid for it.  It was on the news before.. ::)

1stlite

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »

I would rather fish from shore for pinks. But if the number of people fishing at Furry Creek and in Squamish River gets as busy as the traffic on #3 Road in Richmond, I may have to drive from Squamish to North Vancouver to get the boat and take it up Howe Sound to fish. Seems like a lot of work, but I will have some elbow room.

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2013, 02:28:52 PM »

The gate is opened but only a small part of the dyke is open for anglers to park. The rest is still blocked off by concrete blocks. The stretch along the dyke holds about 30 cars (but that depends on where the drivers come from, Richmond... or Vancouver... From Richmond, maybe only 10 cars).

Its good that at least part of the dyke road is open during the Pink season. I hope everyone is considerate of local pedestrians or its going get closed again. In 2011, I saw some fishermen drive at high speed along that road leaving pretty housewives in their Lululemon outfits in the dust. Literally. That's no way to win friends in the community we love to fish in. :)

1stlite

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2013, 02:47:41 PM »

Cause most of them are rich and they can afford big and luxury suv. plus they don't even have to write a driver licence test , They just paid for it.  It was on the news before.. ::)
Shouldn't that Mercedes SUV have back-up sensors for when you get too close to the vehicle behind you? . . . That's just bad driving.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »

Shouldn't that Mercedes SUV have back-up sensors for when you get too close to the vehicle behind you? . . . That's just bad driving.

Most of them doesn't even know how to operate the vehicle , and i found a lot of them doesn't even know english, so how do you expect them to read the road sign >:(

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2013, 03:24:30 PM »

From Squamish pinks -> circle hooks -> Richmond drivers  :o

samw

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2013, 05:19:37 PM »

Brighouse Station.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2013, 05:29:59 PM »

Minoru Aquatic Centre. ;)

lapa

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2013, 07:09:07 PM »

Minoru Aquatic Centre. ;)

this is good one ;D ;D

reeler

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »

Ah, Richmond......Where else do you get a friendly wave from a white-gloved hand; (the other hand is texting) as an eighty- thousand dollar lexus driven by someone in a Darth Vader visor careens without warning into your lane inches in front of you. Is there any comfort in being T-boned, sideswiped, or cut in half by such a high-end vehicle? Only if the operator happens to be an orthopaedic surgeon. Sadly though, it's a college student or half-blind Granny propped up on a cushion who was distracted by looking at the pedals to see which is painted green or red. (Don't laugh. A 28-year ICBC employee told me that one)

chronicfisher

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »

I think the biggest problem is that when they buy a 80k car they for some odd reason think these cars drive themselves.the must amusing thing for me is watching them trying to parrel park its almost like a olympic sport.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17