Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Squamish Pinks  (Read 71855 times)

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
Re: Squamish Pinks
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »

Clearly you're not a member of The Revolution!

Well that was enjoyable. LMAO. It explains so much. I must have missed the memo on The Revolution!

Common Sense; Can it be bought?  :o
Probably not. Who would have thought common sense would have become a super power.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2013, 02:06:08 PM »

BKK - honestly I use what method works better. last cycle I was fishing my single hander an getting the odd fish. my shoulder started getting sore wo I went and grabbed the switch rod. turns out I should have been fishing the two hander all day as I was hooking up way more fishing the exact same setup. only difference I can think is that I can mend the line better with the longer rod allowing a slightly deeper presentation.

Usually I find the single hander out fishes the spey there but not always which is why I bring both. I have never fished there when guys feel the need to stand less than 20-30 feet apart. that leaves you ample room to spey cast, you can do it with someone even closer if you know how or know more than the 3 most used casts in the lower mainland
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »

The gate is still there, which makes for a nice (long-ish) walk to the decent fishing grounds:

[/URL]

But if you put the time and effort, you get rewarded with this (and a few more):

[/URL]

They simply don't get any shinier! :D

whereismyfloat

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »

Thought that guy looked like some FWR pictures I've seen.
Mine are in patiently awaiting friends for the smoker.....

What a beautiful day out there.  ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »

how long is the walk approximately Milo ?

I think that is a secondary gate because the other one I saw a picture of was different. Im curious about the walk because I will be camping in the area soon with my wife and kids and they would like to join the river fun but may have to limit the amount of "cr*p" we bring with us to the water if the walk is too substantial
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

whereismyfloat

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2013, 08:07:28 AM »

The walk is easy James. I wouldn't load yourself down  too much with kids stuff,  but it would be an easy for the kids to do. But get there early - it was full by 7am when I showed up.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2013, 10:55:59 AM »

The walk is easy James. I wouldn't load yourself down  too much with kids stuff,  but it would be an easy for the kids to do. But get there early - it was full by 7am when I showed up.

What he said.
With the kids in tow, I say it'll be around 15-20 minutes, more or less.

Humpy

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2013, 11:07:48 AM »

I am planning on some camping as well, should I bring bear spray? Where is this gate located? I don't mind the 15-20 minute walk, I am going in about 10 days. Thanks
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »

I am planning on some camping as well, should I bring bear spray? Where is this gate located? I don't mind the 15-20 minute walk, I am going in about 10 days. Thanks

Bear spray is ALWAYS a good idea, especially in salmon season.

The gate is on the Dyke Road itself, near the WC Railway Heritage Park.

Don't leave valuables in the vehicle; someone got their window smashed yesterday - just heard about it today. >:(

jasonkellar

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2013, 01:15:22 PM »

took my father in-law who just arrive from japan last night out for some pinks and what he ended up catching was a 12 lbs chinook.  he was very pleased as was I, he has never caught salmon before so was a good time for him.  fishing this morning was pretty slow i didnt catch anything even though yesterday i hooked into atleast 10 fish in an hour.

chinook was caught on a holographic pink/silver buzz-bomb about 30 feet from shore.

Humpy

« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »

Thanks Milo, very helpful info. Should I just walk until I see people fishing and join them? Or is there a certain distance I have to walk because of a fishing boundary?

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2013, 01:29:25 PM »

Thanks Milo, very helpful info. Should I just walk until I see people fishing and join them? Or is there a certain distance I have to walk because of a fishing boundary?

No boundaries, just follow the dyke road and then follow the trail off the dyke. It's a couple of kilometers to the mouth of the Mamquam. You'll get the idea when you get there.

Humpy

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »

Ok thanks Milo, Is it possible to float fish there? Is the trial easy to see?(would it be better to just follow someone in there?) Do I need a saltwater license? Would I be fishing the Squamish River? Sorry about all the questions, I have never been up there.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2013, 02:37:06 PM »

Ok thanks Milo, Is it possible to float fish there? Is the trial easy to see?(would it be better to just follow someone in there?) Do I need a saltwater license? Would I be fishing the Squamish River? Sorry about all the questions, I have never been up there.
1.yes to floatfishing
2.yes to easy to see trail
3.no to saltwater license
4.you can fish either th Squamish or the Mamquam, or both.
Look around, ask questions...people are generally friendly when approached the right way.

Humpy

« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »

Ok Thanks, but where does that trail take me(Squamish River)? Which river is better? Can I access both rivers from this trail? Thanks again.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17