Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Squamish Pinks  (Read 71852 times)

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Squamish Pinks
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:57 PM »

Most of them doesn't even know how to operate the vehicle , and i found a lot of them doesn't even know english, so how do you expect them to read the road sign >:(

Don't be so hard on them, for your English isn't exactly stellar. :o

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2013, 09:49:12 PM »

No doubt LOL!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2013, 10:17:04 PM »

Well, unless you are an English professor with a PhD then most of our English is not stellar. If you read the post prior to mine then their English is not stellar either.
But, I can read  and understand road signs and can drive with due care.  9 out of 10 new immigrants BUY their licenses.  I have put in a complaint with the vehicle branch and the police department in regards to the 'Darth Vader' visors.  If these people are so afraid of the sun then they should stay home.  Then the road will be much safer.  Since this is a 'fishing forum' why are we correcting each other's English.  The post here is how people drive and their lack of skills.  I think that most of them should have a road test every few years.  Reason why i know, cause i deal with them every day....

Dude

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »

ANYYYYYWAYYSSS!!!  ::)     .......anyone run into a  early pink in the last few days?

scheng53

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »

that's a shame because you are a Chinese as well Rod..  stop ...can't express myself... speechless.. 
And is it becuase of Chinese, Berry's tackle get to survive the days,., ask around.. haha

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »

Since this is a 'fishing forum' why are we correcting each other's English. 

^^ On the right track...

The post here is how people drive and their lack of skills.

No.

From Squamish pinks -> circle hooks -> Richmond drivers  :o

ANYYYYYWAYYSSS!!!  ::)     .......anyone run into a  early pink in the last few days?

Bingo.
A rig out of water catches no fish.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2013, 10:23:55 PM »

lol. Since I derailed it, I should re-rail it. ;) The Squamish River pink salmon fishery is still relatively early. The lower river is seeing fish coming in each day, but they are coming in very small waves, not the constant stream of fish that you usually see during the peak part of the season. Combine that with poor water clarity, your chance of getting to fish consistently is pretty slim.

It's worth a try. If the fishing is bad, at least you get to fish in T-shirt under the sun with a pretty spectacular background.

that's a shame because you are a Chinese as well Rod..  stop ...can't express myself... speechless.. 
And is it becuase of Chinese, Berry's tackle get to survive the days,., ask around.. haha

Easy there. I don't have a problem finding some humour out of the current traffic situation in Richmond, because it is a joke. It has been for a few years now. I also don't have a problem recognizing majority of this problem stems from the typical Chinese lax attitude on driving. Chinese people excel in many disciplines, driving is not one of them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:28:42 PM by Rodney »

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2013, 10:50:57 PM »

lol. Since I derailed it, I should re-rail it. ;)

It's all for a good laugh, it's not as funny as a dirty joke but it will do.  Even my kids are laughing. Tight line.....

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2013, 11:21:13 PM »

Well, unless you are an English professor with a PhD then most of our English is not stellar.

Well, no PhD here, only a Master's, and about 20 years of experience teaching English and other work in the field of linguistics. I guess that makes me somewhat qualified. ;)

9 out of 10 new immigrants BUY their licenses.

If you have proof of it, I would like to hear about it. Give me names and recorded instances of unethical conduct and I will make sure this information reaches the relevant authorities. I am a certified, ICBC- approved translator, and I can tell you with full knowledge of the cause that what you state above is false, even worse, defamatory.
In the last several years, a lot of new measures have been put in place to ensure that no driving licenses are "bought". There was a time when a very small number of unethical translators and driving examiners enabled some people to pass their knowledge test. That is a thing of the past, however, so I would be very careful making such statements on a public forum. Unless you can substantiate your claim, I say you better zip it and stick to discussing fishing.

Tight lines,

Milo

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2013, 11:32:12 PM »

Hey Milo:

I didn't know my fly was open!
Well, now that we have read your resume, I can see that you are not a member of the authorities.  I will forward any information that I have to the right people.
Since I have to be up early tomorrow to pound the river, I am going to sleep.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2013, 10:10:08 AM »

just wait for that massive fantasy gardens project at 5 and steveson. cant believe they let that project go through before the they did something with the tunnel. born and raised in the ditch. glad to be gone lol

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »

It's worth a try. If the fishing is bad, at least you get to fish in T-shirt under the sun with a pretty spectacular background.

[/quote] Nice picture Rod, and not a car from Richmond in sight!

One thing though and this is directed at all of the Spey guys so feel free to slag me from what I'm going to say. This is not an appropriate place for Spey fishing at this time as it is just too crowded. The fish are laying within 40 - 50 feet of the beach  most of time so you don't need to cast a mile. All you are doing is taking up a lot of space that could accommodate more anglers. This is a very crowded fishery and is only going to get worse as the run builds. The Mamquam bar has changed this year and the flow of the water is now different so that there is just not as much nice fishing water as there has been in the past. I have been there this year where 17 guys filled up all of the productive water. What is it going to like when there are 80 guys there? I have seen that as well. Not a nice scene. Now throw a couple of guys Spey fishing in the mix and it's going to get unpleasent.Your not going to be making any friends that way. Try and think what the best would be for the experience. Or is it all about me...?

Just so you know, I also Spey fish but not there and not for 3 - 4 lb fish. Use a single hand rod or a gear rod.

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2013, 11:30:41 AM »

I don't thinks it's a problem. When it gets too busy a lot of the people fishing spey now will have pissed off somewhere else to fish or bring a single-hander instead. Until then if there is no room I can only suggest getting there earlier! Use your common sense people. We got there the other night and there was no room so we waited until someone left.

JPW

« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2013, 11:50:22 AM »

One thing though and this is directed at all of the Spey guys so feel free to slag me from what I'm going to say. This is not an appropriate place for Spey fishing at this time as it is just too crowded. The fish are laying within 40 - 50 feet of the beach  most of time so you don't need to cast a mile. All you are doing is taking up a lot of space that could accommodate more anglers.

Clearly you're not a member of The Revolution!

;) ;D

FreshyPT

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »

As noted by other posters, the pinks are rolling in slowly but surely. This past Wednesday and Thursday was a hit and miss in the evening. Wednesday evening produced several pinks all carefully released and Thursday I couldn't get the few I saw to bite. Fantastic scenery and a great way to cool down from my blitz hike. I was spey casting with a switch rod - I am ready for the crowds.
Common Sense; Can it be bought?  :o
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.
~ Just Keep Fishing ~
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17