Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 297730 times)

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #525 on: September 14, 2013, 01:56:51 PM »

If you use the tube in the Vedder canal you should be okay. Use common sense, and you could anchor yourself to keep yourself from floating away all the time from a good spot. However, the canal is low enough that you can wade and cast to most spots where the fish are holed up. Also if you tire of fishing down in those spots you can always hike up river. So lugging around the float tube in your vehicle might be more of a pain than it is worth. My two cents.

Mayor McSkunk

« Reply #526 on: September 14, 2013, 03:05:14 PM »

Went a few kilometers past the Mission bridge today. Not one fish to be seen jumping, or rising in three hours. And absolutely no bites. I think I am about to give up hope that things will get better this season.  :'(

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #527 on: September 14, 2013, 04:11:17 PM »

People were into fish this morning at the bridge. :P

ICA

« Reply #528 on: September 14, 2013, 04:27:11 PM »

Was out this morning tidal portion near MR; not as many fish landed neither jumping. Shortly after that, two commercial boats  showed up, headed to shore and then stretched out their nets from shore to middle of the river and hauled away loads of fish. Then another boat arrived and waited their turn to do the same. It is true that they certainly do not scoop up everything in the river, but because these Pinks coast along the shore as they move up river, many are caught and therefore affects the sports fishing part of it. So its hit-n-miss for the next few days guys, and again not saying there's no fish but have to work much harder for them.

strobes

« Reply #529 on: September 14, 2013, 05:12:40 PM »

Glen valley fishing was slow this morning. Landed 1, lost 2. 2 small schools came thru between 6 and noon.
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

Yvrsilver

« Reply #530 on: September 14, 2013, 05:30:53 PM »

Fish are BACK  :) :) :) South arm in Richmond went off big time 3pm to 4 pm almost everyone was landing fish , got a 8lb er myself lost 3 more at the shore , very nice to see the schools back after a slow 5 days so they could be heading your way for the evening , good luck

Hoop71

« Reply #531 on: September 14, 2013, 06:29:42 PM »

Went to Chilliwack this morning. Lots of fish but still fairly tight-lipped (at least for me).

Did catch 2 within the 1st hour then nothing for 3 hrs.

SteelHunter

« Reply #532 on: September 14, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »

WOW no.5 road in richmond was on fire today 1pm-5pm. Huge schools pushing in now its getting exciting alot of people where landing them . My lil brother landed his first pink ever today after many skunked days. I lost 3 and landed 2 nice fresh pinks.  One of them was so fresh it was a male without any hump. 3-4pm was on fire for alot of people. I was giving up hope after today for tidal portion but hard work pays off .

Better get there early tmmr it if you want a parking spot or even room to cast without crossing lines lmao was gong show today

Yvrsilver

« Reply #533 on: September 14, 2013, 06:50:13 PM »

No need to pack in shoulder to shoulder , lots of secluded spots if you are willing to walk two mins , from the dump to gary point besides that's where all the pros are for great tips  :P

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #534 on: September 14, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »

Was out this morning tidal portion near MR; not as many fish landed neither jumping. Shortly after that, two commercial boats  showed up, headed to shore and then stretched out their nets from shore to middle of the river and hauled away loads of fish.
Interesting to hear. Where abouts were the nets set and how long do they leave them for?

subaruben

« Reply #535 on: September 14, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »

Just wondering if there is anyone going on to triangle road for pinks? I always go to 4 and 5 rd and it gets packed from time to time. Seeing if there is a difference.

Yvrsilver

« Reply #536 on: September 14, 2013, 08:44:36 PM »

triangle road works as good for pinks as any Richmond spot also one of the best spots when its time to use roe so very nice area to learn

subaruben

« Reply #537 on: September 14, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »

triangle road works as good for pinks as any Richmond spot also one of the best spots when its time to use roe so very nice area to learn

very cool. i'll try that spot tomorrow! Everyone still using bright pink and orange spoons?

Yvrsilver

« Reply #538 on: September 14, 2013, 08:58:09 PM »

2" hot pink buzz bombs been killing it for me , forgot to say triangle road is like the last place you can take your pelt gun and dirt bike too also , its almost like 1975 down there  ;D

robbyvanz

« Reply #539 on: September 14, 2013, 08:59:17 PM »

Caught a nice fresh male 5lb with sea lice at 5 rd.  Mostly slow, then a school would swim by and everyone would have a fish on the line.  The lack of any commercial fishery had a big impact today.  Too bad the seign boats will be back out tomorrow from 6am-9pm.  Don't expect the same amount of action as today.