Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 297562 times)

strobes

Re: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2013, 08:04:26 PM »

Landed 2 this morning, then went back out from 4:30-6:30 at the same spot and didn't see a single fish even roll.
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

dcajaxs

« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2013, 09:16:20 PM »

fingers crossed its goes a bit better tomorrow I have my nephews out for their first fishing adventure, maybe with no nets out a few extra fish will be on the sides of the river

subaruben

« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2013, 09:27:07 PM »

on dyke rd around 3-6 and not even a nibble. i see them jumping around but no action. 2 people landed out of the many who are trying. i'll try it again later this week and hope i have better luck.

HKSR

« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »

I've tried New West, Richmond, and Langley... same story at all 3 locations.  Very quiet, a few jumpers here or there, but mostly out of reach of shore anglers.  I'm gonna give it a couple days before heading out again.

TheDon

« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2013, 09:59:20 PM »

Landed 2 this morning, then went back out from 4:30-6:30 at the same spot and didn't see a single fish even roll.

Same thing here. Morning was fun but nothing in the evening. I stayed around just enjoying the scenery and didn't see anything up to about 7:30pm.

tfishy

« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2013, 10:52:31 PM »

Was returning from the island this evening from boat, starting from 3km out of the mouth and thru canoe pass jumpers and finners everywhere.  There definitely staging.

sumasriver

« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2013, 07:00:20 AM »

Was returning from the island this evening from boat, starting from 3km out of the mouth and thru canoe pass jumpers and finners everywhere.  There definitely staging.

Landed 2  late afternoon near Mission Bridge Area.  1 male and 1 female.  The female had lots of sea lice .    Lots of fishing moving through but pretty tight jawed. Lots of people out enjoying the great weather.

oldkawi

« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »

Was out Sat, Sun and Mon 3 hrs. before high tide and fished about 3.5 hrs each day.  Sat was the best day for action and between two of us we managed to hook 3 ....... and managed to loose those three at our feet!!  haha  Sun and Mon was the same as everyone else, not many bites at all.  Did not see many caught around us.  We fished on Dyke Road near number 5 all three days.  Will try again tonight!!  The bulk of the fish is still coming.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2013, 10:37:30 AM »

Interesting to hear its been so slow. Two years ago, I recall that Labour Day weekend was fairly productive. Was driving past the Patullo bridge yesterday evening and it looked like the PNE at Brownsville Bar with so many people there lining the bank.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2013, 11:39:02 AM »

Every easily accessible point along the Fraser is like a PNE during pink season :)

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2013, 11:41:01 AM »

My rod has been quiet the last 3 outings, but c'est la vie. I have confidence in my spot and my lure, so it's just a matter of timing.

In 2009, the main push of fish didn't happen in the lower river until Sept 4.

And yes, the young fella fishing beside me, I upscaled the hook on his spoon from a #4 to a 1/0 :)   

Whopperman

« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »

Every easily accessible point along the Fraser is like a PNE during pink season :)

Not during the week.. Thank god for shift work.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »

Not during the week.. Thank god for shift work.

Was out in Glen Valley for an hour this morning from 10:30-11:30 - no love, but saw a couple of risers within 20 ft of the shore....
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

ipaqanipaq

« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »

Was out in Glen Valley for an hour this morning from 10:30-11:30 - no love, but saw a couple of risers within 20 ft of the shore....

I'm heading out there this afternoon with the kids for the much anticipated annual first day of school fishing trip.  It would be great for them to catch their first pinks today.  Will report on what we saw when we get home.

sgodwin

« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2013, 12:34:54 PM »

I fished down by the Pattullo Bridge on Saturday (6:30pm - 8pm), Sunday (6pm-8pm), Monday (3pm-6pm) and it was very very slow.  I saw two fish brought in on Saturday and no other hits.  Saw three hook-ups on Sunday and only one on Monday.  Can't stop myself from going today though!  Hopefully I fare better.