Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack/Vedder sept 27  (Read 10085 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Chilliwack/Vedder sept 27
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2005, 01:54:42 PM »

50+mm of rain expected by Thursday night/Friday morning. You guys ask for rain... you are about to get rain, and a muddy river.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2005, 02:04:32 PM »

Yap rain has started just as forcasted.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2005, 02:10:17 PM »

This happens every year. Water gets a bit low, people pray for rain as they are not catching coho. When the rain comes, the water gets high, the fish just shoot straight up to the hatchery.

Last year, I was lucky enough to get into a couple of fish on September 10th. Overnight, it rained heavily and by the morning of September 11th, the river was too muddy to catch fish. The fishing was poor for at least a week as most coho just ended up heading straight into the hatchery and upper river.

You can still successfully catch coho under low and clear water conditions, just have to walk more, and fish harder.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2005, 02:21:31 PM »

This happens every year. Water gets a bit low, people pray for rain as they are not catching coho. When the rain comes, the water gets high, the fish just shoot straight up to the hatchery.

Exactly, then they ask where are the fish ?

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2005, 03:46:28 PM »

50+mm of rain expected by Thursday night/Friday morning. You guys ask for rain... you are about to get rain, and a muddy river.
Muddy river isant as bad as people make it out to be last two years i still got into springs and chums no coho, but definetly the float took alot of dives.
[

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2005, 04:01:30 PM »

I hate muddy rivers, but then shiny flys work better :D and you can toughen up your leader

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2005, 04:11:28 PM »

I don't think that it will be as muddy as you guys think!!!!  I have walked a lot of the river this year and we no longer have to worry about one of the clay banks, and even if the river does get a bit dirty, the river seems to be clearing up rather quickly the last year or so.  The rain is also supposed to turn to showers for Friday and Saturday.  So I think that we will be fine.  Also with the ground being so dry, it is going to soak up a lot of water.  Maybe I should have kept that to myself to keep some people off the river for the weekend. ;D ;D But I really doubt that would have worked anyways!!!! ;) ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2005, 04:18:29 PM »

I don't think that it will be as muddy as you guys think!!!!  I have walked a lot of the river this year and we no longer have to worry about one of the clay banks, and even if the river does get a bit dirty, the river seems to be clearing up rather quickly the last year or so.  The rain is also supposed to turn to showers for Friday and Saturday.  So I think that we will be fine.  Also with the ground being so dry, it is going to soak up a lot of water.  Maybe I should have kept that to myself to keep some people off the river for the weekend. ;D ;D But I really doubt that would have worked anyways!!!! ;) ;)

I know I wouldnt have said anything...... LOL Doesnt really matter since I dont fish the gong shows anyways. Have fun out there and be safe.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2005, 04:30:52 PM »

Eddie I don't fish the gong show either, there are still some places that don't get that much pressure.  That is where I usually fish.  With more water coming I already have a few more ideas that I looked at last weekend.  But one never knows if these spots will produce till they try!!!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2005, 04:53:43 PM »

The river blew out in july so I wouldn't count your chickens before they're hatched. Plus, the problem now isn't the main vedder, its Slesse creek.
Actions speak louder than words.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2005, 05:08:47 PM »

Muddy river isant as bad as people make it out to be last two years i still got into springs and chums no coho, but definetly the float took alot of dives.

ok... ::)

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2005, 05:47:23 PM »

wont new fish just move into the holding spots like kieth wilson

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2005, 05:48:36 PM »

New fish have already been moving into various runs of the canal every night.

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2005, 06:27:34 PM »

Eddie I don't fish the gong show either, there are still some places that don't get that much pressure.  That is where I usually fish.  With more water coming I already have a few more ideas that I looked at last weekend.  But one never knows if these spots will produce till they try!!!!

I'll FIND YOU!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2005, 07:05:46 PM »

ok... ::)
None believer. :P
[