Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack/Vedder sept 27  (Read 10013 times)

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack/Vedder sept 27
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2005, 04:54:15 PM »

Bruce is holding a white spring (chinook) - no question there!   :)

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 04:55:19 PM »

Nice fish Rod!  I got a couple of jacks on the fly last weekend - and they turned out to be reds!   :D  Bonus!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 05:16:17 PM »

Rodney, congrats nice fish! I always fish downstream from lickman rd, but the 20 minute walks get annoying :P but it's really intresting if you wak the water path you can actually see fish in the shades rolling when your crossing a river, theres a place right by this log, but it's hard to fish when your standing in the middle of a river :P but I find that deeper works better.. when I set my float to about 2 feet or  1 and a half i get half the fish then 3 - 3 and a half.. I haven't gotten any big springs yet, im really wanting the coho tho :P oh well... one day...

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 05:37:36 PM »

nice fish bruce ;D

bruce

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 05:51:53 PM »

caught on wool, green and red mixed

how long of a leader and what size hook? i want to learn how to bottom bounce the vedder too

My leader is 2 or 3 feet long, hook size is 3/0

Bone Cross

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 06:17:22 PM »

Nice fish rod and trout slayer! ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 07:32:59 PM by Rodney »
from a Redneck point of View!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 07:17:09 PM »

why do you guys have to badger the guy , he is happy about his biggest fish he caught, and you guys come on here bad mouth him about it, not everyone flosses there, so why dont you guys shut up about the negative stuff, by the way Bruce nice fish

Well said FishFreak. Too bad some people like to get their jollies from criticizing others.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 08:09:22 PM by Rodney »

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 07:20:55 PM »

nice fish to the all three of you and bruce good for you that's a beauty  ;)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 07:22:44 PM »

Testy Testy fish freak, I think it was only the one guy that was serious!!!!! But he did catch the biggest fish of his life, and it would be a hell of a fight for the guy.  So Bruce, hell of a fish buddy, great job.  As for you bone cross, I don't really like what goes on down at the bridge either.  But after a few words that fishfreak and I had, I went down there to see it for myself.  While there were allot of flossers there, not everyone was flossing.  Mind you if I was going to float fish, there wouldn't be my first choice, but that's just me.  Anyhow cut Bruce some slack.  You weren't there, so don't assume.  Speaking from experience here man.  Don't assume, you look like an my friend!!!!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

FishiN AddicT

• WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 07:41:51 PM »

caught on wool, green and red mixed

how long of a leader and what size hook? i want to learn how to bottom bounce the vedder too
How much weight are you using to get the wool down to "Floss" this fish Bruce? Nice fish rod and trout slayer! ;D Love the Keith Wilson Bridge Hero Shots ::)
Here we go again........nice cheap shots guys  >:(  Not all people there are using this method.  Why the sarcasm?  The sad thing is this guy doesn't even realize that he's being ridiculed.  Would you say flyfishermen are also flossing?  Was there a couple days ago and saw quite a few fouled hook fish from flyfishing.  Also, are all the float fishing done "flossing" ?  We could go on & on with this topic, but don't think it'll get us anywhere.  My point is.......when KWB is mentioned.........automatically you think BB, "flossing", "snagging".  I agree this is not a way to fish and has to stop, but don't agree about putting others down when they're just proud of posting a nice fish they caught.  No wonder why others here don't like to post fishing reports......maybe afraid of being bashed.  Nice fish Bruce, Rodney, & TroutSlayer!

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2005, 08:12:34 PM »

nice fish bruce, looks like a spring to me.  but look at all the guts and roe in the river in the background!
Fish on!

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2005, 08:13:43 PM »

What are you going to do with that behemoth Bruce?? You'll have to buy a bigger BBQ to cook it ;D
As soon as I can afford to go fishing everyday, it's time to retire.

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2005, 08:28:57 PM »

I don't know, it happens, when a huge wave of fish come, it is easy even to snag a fish with a float, when your reeling in, its very easy, bottom bounce, floss, call it what you want, we all snag fish, we dont mean to, I personally find bottom bouncing a much more intresting way of fishing, because you feel those rocks/or sand and you wonder, is it a fish, or just a rock? haha :D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2005, 08:33:16 PM »

How old are you Youngin?? Just wondering!!!!! BB more than float fishing eh!!!  Well to each there own I guess!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2005, 08:34:55 PM »

im only 15, but I only like to bb in the fraser, like near hope theres a big current there and its actually quite intresting, until it gets stuck inthe rocks :(