Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 297685 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #540 on: September 14, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »

its a numbers fishery for sure.

Tenz85

« Reply #541 on: September 14, 2013, 10:43:07 PM »

Went a few kilometers past the Mission bridge today. Not one fish to be seen jumping, or rising in three hours. And absolutely no bites. I think I am about to give up hope that things will get better this season.  :'(
hang in there. by the sounds of things in Richmond the 2 week late run is coming in. or maybe its related to the recent closure of the seine fishing??

htdub

« Reply #542 on: September 14, 2013, 10:56:17 PM »

WOW no.5 road in richmond was on fire today 1pm-5pm. Huge schools pushing in now its getting exciting alot of people where landing them . My lil brother landed his first pink ever today after many skunked days. I lost 3 and landed 2 nice fresh pinks.  One of them was so fresh it was a male without any hump. 3-4pm was on fire for alot of people. I was giving up hope after today for tidal portion but hard work pays off .

Better get there early tmmr it if you want a parking spot or even room to cast without crossing lines lmao was gong show today

Yup, was great out the park today, from 1-4pm, so many schooling around. landed 2, lost 3. Friend got 1 and lost 3. Everyone at the park had 1 and some guys had their limit in a couple of hours. Finally some action after couple of weeks of being skunked.

Used a dicki on slow retrieve.

SteelHunter

« Reply #543 on: September 14, 2013, 11:08:40 PM »

which park?

robbyvanz

« Reply #544 on: September 14, 2013, 11:17:22 PM »

he probably means Gary Point

htdub

« Reply #545 on: September 14, 2013, 11:19:39 PM »

Yah sorry LOL Gary Point (i'm just across the street), it was pretty busy spot, I expect even more so tomorrow.

:o

kanuckle head

« Reply #546 on: September 14, 2013, 11:35:41 PM »

Was out on the Vedder river tons of boat, & no fish the hype was a no show
Quite a few surfacing humpies but all locked jaw.........slow to say the least
Will battle the main stem of the Fraser 2morrow 

SteelHunter

« Reply #547 on: September 14, 2013, 11:39:29 PM »

better get your spots early   ;)

bbwong

« Reply #548 on: September 14, 2013, 11:56:58 PM »

>:( >:( >:(I should stay longer. But it is good to hear fishes are coming back. I would say the seine will impact Richmond tomorrow for sure, but we should still get good number at upper.

SteelHunter

« Reply #549 on: September 15, 2013, 07:59:26 AM »

>:( >:( >:(I should stay longer. But it is good to hear fishes are coming back. I would say the seine will impact Richmond tomorrow for sure, but we should still get good number at upper.

When there are 200,000 - 700,000 fish going through each incoming tide i highly doubt they can mop up that many fish . Its all about your luck i guess i got skunked a  few times when people where catching them around me randomly. The FN where netting yesterday across from no.3 road and there boats are pretty much same as commercials. Even though it was on fire for me most people didnt get one till like after 3pm then the odd few guys would be playing with a fish. It wasnt on fire for everyone , I just have keyed in on the perfect retrieve these pinks cant resist with wool, buzzbombs, crocs all work the same to be honest with everyone.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »

Was out in Glen Valley this morning at oh-damnitsfreakingtooearlytofish o'clock until 7:45 when it was time for work.  4 rods around me, only a couple of risers and 1 fish bonked (not by me!  :'( )
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

bbwong

« Reply #551 on: September 15, 2013, 10:51:29 AM »

When there are 200,000 - 700,000 fish going through each incoming tide i highly doubt they can mop up that many fish . Its all about your luck i guess i got skunked a  few times when people where catching them around me randomly. The FN where netting yesterday across from no.3 road and there boats are pretty much same as commercials. Even though it was on fire for me most people didnt get one till like after 3pm then the odd few guys would be playing with a fish. It wasnt on fire for everyone , I just have keyed in on the perfect retrieve these pinks cant resist with wool, buzzbombs, crocs all work the same to be honest with everyone.

I don't think the FN allowed fish below Port Mann.
http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/xnet/content/fns/index.cfm?pg=view_notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=153918&ID=all

robbyvanz

« Reply #552 on: September 15, 2013, 10:58:13 AM »

You are right.  FN is restricted from the Port Mann to Emory Creek.  Commercial Fishery re-opened this morning, max 20 boats. 

bbwong

« Reply #553 on: September 15, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »

Everyone wish you are right. But we can see fishing was picking up after commercial closed on Tuesday. For sure they won't mop up all the fishes, but we can imagine the odd to hook them with or without 20 boat days.

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #554 on: September 15, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »

commercial seiners sitting at docks right now ,must be foggy at mouth or something.should be good on incoming tide .