Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 297648 times)

corgi

Re: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #420 on: September 12, 2013, 09:16:47 AM »

With high tide later in evening, is it feasible to fish with glow in the dark lures for pinks?

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #421 on: September 12, 2013, 10:42:24 AM »

If I remember correctly, you cannot fish the Fraser 1 hour after the sunset. So, I don't know if it's worth doing it...

RRV

« Reply #422 on: September 12, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »

Has anyone tried trolling flies around or would it be better to cast and strip, thanx

I tried trolling a pink clouser as well as a pink lucky bug the first weekend after opening, but didn't have any takers.  I don't know if that means much, though, because things were generally pretty slow right then.

corgi

« Reply #423 on: September 12, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »

If I remember correctly, you cannot fish the Fraser 1 hour after the sunset. So, I don't know if it's worth doing it...

i had no idea, thanks!

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #424 on: September 12, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »

The rule was implemented to prevent people from catching 2 fish then starting over again at midnight and taking 4 fish home.

corgi

« Reply #425 on: September 12, 2013, 12:20:47 PM »

Curious for spinners (ex. blue fox), is size 3 or size 4 better for pinks?

I have a size 3 spinner and i can't cast it that far...is that a big deal being a spinner?

ja

« Reply #426 on: September 12, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »

I have a size 3 spinner and i can't cast it that far...is that a big deal being a spinner?

I've used both size 3 and 4 blue fox spinners (either pink or orange) with much success in previous pink seasons.  Either work.  I found I did NOT have to cast far out, i.e., a number 3 with no weight could be cast out far enough.  I really tried to retrieve slowly and it worked.  Obviously, the number 4 will provide more resistance because of the bigger blade.  If I had to choose, probably would go for a number 4, but either works.  Now, regarding this season, who knows... ??? I've only caught 1 pink and had a handful of strong bites on the spinners in about 1/2 dozen outings in the Richmond, area.

lapa

« Reply #427 on: September 12, 2013, 01:07:51 PM »

I have used both too. Not much luck for me. Just got one doe on #4 pink.

penguinabc123

« Reply #428 on: September 12, 2013, 01:57:18 PM »

Fished from about 8:30-12:30 today at deas island with no luck. The water was dead calm, I could probably count on my hand how many I saw jump. Saw one person land one though. I probably won't try again until either the native fishery is done or the weather changes a bit.

rheticus

« Reply #429 on: September 12, 2013, 02:12:30 PM »

Fished the S. shore of Richmond from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Not a fish in sight, and not a nibble. Correction: I watched a pair of FN fish boats stringing their net just downstream of me and scooping up LOTS of fish.

SteelHunter

« Reply #430 on: September 12, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »

Not even a single jumper at high tide at no.5 road from 11am - 1pm . We are almost half way through September and only got 1 pink on last weekend. It seemed like everyone got one that weekend

robbyvanz

« Reply #431 on: September 12, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »

Saturday is shaping up to be a good day.  Native fishery is over friday night at 8pm, high tide at 3:17pm on Saturday. 

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #432 on: September 12, 2013, 03:14:53 PM »

Saturday is shaping up to be a good day.  Native fishery is over friday night at 8pm, high tide at 3:17pm on Saturday.

It may not be as good as it looks from here until we get some rain next week and temperature starts to drop. But maybe I am too pessimistic :-[

Animal Chin

« Reply #433 on: September 12, 2013, 03:26:47 PM »

I had one day where I got 3 almost back to back on a #3 UV pink blue fox on 5 Rd. The water was very murky that day.. but haven't been able to repeat it. The #4 never got one and couldn't retrieve slow because it was too heavy and would hang up.

It may not be as good as it looks from here until we get some rain next week and temperature starts to drop. But maybe I am too pessimistic :-[

Water temp must have something to do with it. Still going to try though. If you're talking about being out in the blazing sun all day, then I agree with that too. Had to sit in my car for an hour yesterday. When the bites on it's one thing, but frying and not even a nibble for 2+ hours is another.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #434 on: September 12, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »

Rain on Sunday and steady cloudy/rain for 2 weeks.