Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 297554 times)

robbyvanz

Re: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #705 on: September 19, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »

Way to just ruin my positive thinking RobbyVanz!!   :P.....  Oh well all I can do is keep trying I guess, though gotta admit its getting a bit frustrating been out almost everyday for almost 3 weeks now

Been out the past 3 afternoons, a few hours before high tide and haven't had any luck.  Morning have been better for me too.  I would love to catch a few more for the smoker.  Going to fish up river tomorrow at Derby Reach.  Seems like the bulk of run is already up river.

penguinabc123

« Reply #706 on: September 19, 2013, 10:13:24 PM »

Fished delta area from 3-7 managed to land two nice males with some sea lice still. Foul hooked one, let him do his thing ASAP.
Quite a few others around me catching as well. I hope I can do the same tomorrow.

Good luck out there!

RyanB

« Reply #707 on: September 19, 2013, 10:43:56 PM »

Way to just ruin my positive thinking RobbyVanz!!   :P.....  Oh well all I can do is keep trying I guess, though gotta admit its getting a bit frustrating been out almost everyday for almost 3 weeks now

I went through a dry spell and realised it was small things I was doing wrong.  I simplified my tackle and changed my timing on retrieves, and I started getting bites.

I've seen lots of fish caught by people with a basic setup.
‘Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard’ - Ron Swanson

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #708 on: September 20, 2013, 08:33:36 AM »

Has anyone been using pink rooster tails in the tidal? I had success with them in the lower river a couple of weeks ago but it doesn't seem to be attracting the fish in the Langley/Abby area. Is there a trick into retrieving it?

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #709 on: September 20, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »

Has anyone been using pink rooster tails in the tidal? I had success with them in the lower river a couple of weeks ago but it doesn't seem to be attracting the fish in the Langley/Abby area. Is there a trick into retrieving it?

i've had success with them the past couple of weeks...i find you need to twitch them after casting to set the spinner in motion...if there's little or no resistance when retrieving (at the end of the line) chances are the blade isn't spinning.

anorden

« Reply #710 on: September 20, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »

Slayed it tonight on 5Rd.  Caught 3 logs and a set of tires floating upstream.   :P  The run is over.  Fish are few and far between.

Test fishery numbers from yesterday were highest of the year so far. But you wouldn't believe it from speaking to fishermen!

Yvrsilver

« Reply #711 on: September 20, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »

Test fishery numbers from yesterday were highest of the year so far. But you wouldn't believe it from speaking to fishermen!

Ya , I just heard the numbers are going up to 34 million and the commercial fishing will get another opening , fish plant workers were given the warning so I hear

robbyvanz

« Reply #712 on: September 20, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »

The test fishery is up River past Mission.  All this means is the bulk of run is now up river.

RossP

« Reply #713 on: September 20, 2013, 01:24:12 PM »

Out in the Langley area this morning at first light, first cast at 6:30. First fish at 6:31. Fourth fish kept at 7:45, had a Dr. appointment to keep at 8:30. Released 10 others. Best morning yet, remember this year it seems to be go really small or go home were we are fishing.
I Love Hunting, golf and anything else that keeps others off the water.

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #714 on: September 20, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »

the test fishery is at whonock nr langley i think.  600 fish in 2 sets of the gillnet.

robbyvanz

« Reply #715 on: September 20, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »

Out in the Langley area this morning at first light, first cast at 6:30. First fish at 6:31. Fourth fish kept at 7:45, had a Dr. appointment to keep at 8:30. Released 10 others. Best morning yet, remember this year it seems to be go really small or go home were we are fishing.

Ross,

what condition were the fish in?

Plasticworks

« Reply #716 on: September 20, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

I was at Derby area and I've been away for a week but best I've seen too.  I only got 1 hook up and saw about 5-6 caught all around me plus hook ups. 

I'm a newbie and its been a frustrating season (ie zero so far) but the hook up felt good and at least others were catching.
It all revolves around the crab!

anorden

« Reply #717 on: September 20, 2013, 02:41:42 PM »

The test fishery is up River past Mission.  All this means is the bulk of run is now up river.

Not necessarily. It depends on how fast they swim / migrate. My guess is that they wod get from Richmond to Langley in less than a day... But I may be wrong.

RossP

« Reply #718 on: September 20, 2013, 03:14:55 PM »

Ross,

what condition were the fish in?

All were bright chrome, with sea lice. I took 3 does and one buck. The male hardly had any hump at all. The does were huge. Never had does this big before.

Ross

RossP

« Reply #719 on: September 20, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »

I was at Derby area and I've been away for a week but best I've seen too.  I only got 1 hook up and saw about 5-6 caught all around me plus hook ups. 

I'm a newbie and its been a frustrating season (ie zero so far) but the hook up felt good and at least others were catching.

PM sent