Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012/13 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 129695 times)

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Flossed.  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Nice conditions today but no fish for me, heard of only one caught.

Drewhill

Conditions looked good top to bottom. Sounded quite slow out there, only heard of one wild landed. Lots of people out as well.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions looked good top to bottom. Sounded quite slow out there, only heard of one wild landed. Lots of people out as well.
Yes it was, saw one wild taken on a corkie when walking the Roraty Trail this AM.

jpar247

Conditions looked pretty good today, a lot of good fishing spots wide open with no one in site. Saw one hatchery taken just after noon while walking the dog...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Lower visibility an hour ago around a foot.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:25:09 PM by chris gadsden »

mvelasco

save the gas money. left at 1 today and allison was blowing out. cement was decen but get colored as well. as of now its coming down hard in langley so the ved will get hit soon enough

HOOK

• Old Timer

just because its raining in the city doesnt mean it will hit as hard in the valley. There has been tons of times when its raining hard in Surrey/Langley and been sunny or at least not raining in Chilliwack.

Last time i hit the flow it was supposed to rain a decent amount. We got sprinkled on for 5 mins around noon, as we were leaving though the sky opened up and let go. We seem to have excellent timing to just miss the onslaught the last few years  ;D

get the water graphs and put them into your favourites list. If it rises a good amount really quick then expect the water to be dirtier in colour. If the water is brown look for soft water and fish almost right against shore and out to where current is rougher, shallower is usually better as well in dirty water.

water graph - http://www.wateroffice.ec.gc.ca - click "my station list" on the left side and then go through the list adding the rivers you fish or want to keep an eye on
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Had a look this afternoon. Wow the river is the highest ive seen it this winter! Its ripping and has that murky greyish color.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Visibility was approaching 2 feet a few minutes ago, in the Lower.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

After losing one fish yesterday and 2 other chance as well and seeing some others landed during 3 hours of fishing time I went to the river at first light this morning with high hopes.

I was disappointed to see the rain over night had made conditions poor. I went for coffee and came back later and saw water visibility better. Saw one landed and heard of 2 others along with a white fish taken. Fish were taken after 11 so things may still improve later today if the rain holds off.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Had a look at peach rd this afternoon. The river hasnt come down much since friday.Still very high and colored. Talked to some anglers and they told me hadnt seen a fish or heard of any. >:(

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

Had a look at peach rd this afternoon. The river hasnt come down much since friday.Still very high and colored. Talked to some anglers and they told me hadnt seen a fish or heard of any. >:(

So what was the vis? Level is perfect I think, but I'm no low water fisherman.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante

Went out today from 10-3.......Lower was too high and coloured for my liking with 6"-12" of vis........went lower upper above the slides and vis was better at about 24"-30"......saw one lost,one whacked and had a handshake myself  :o but was asleep at the wheel and forgot the hookset  :P
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Fished the Lower for a couple of hours and I thought the conditions were OK. Go to the Fraser Valley Salmon Society FB oage and see what it looked like. Maybe a fish picture too. ;D ;D