Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:  (Read 61832 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2021, 07:57:51 PM »

IMO you are spreading crap and hearsay.

You need to review all the responses to your original list. The link I provided 2 weeks ago clearly said the vaccines are approved. Going back 2 weeks as you did changes nothing. The vaccines are the best available right now. In most of the country infection, hospitalization and death rates are all falling to levels we haven''t seen in many weeks. Much of that has to due with the vaccination rate.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

hammer

« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2021, 10:16:03 AM »

Rifle
Consider yourself fortunate that you do not know one more people who have died or been hospitalized from covid. It might be where you live or your professional or social circle that protects you from this. I live and work in the GVRD and connect with quite a number of families who been hospitalized or have members that have died. I have close friends and relatives who work in the Covid wards at several of our hospitals and they are heavily and tragically impacted everyday as are families of the people they treat.

The graph you provided shows the correlational drop in cases after two major holidays, notably Winter Break and Spring Break, getting back to school or work, in a more regulated context is also effective at reducing numbers. Behavioural changes, vaccinations, and other other factors create the statistics we see.

I will not go down your entire list, but will cite a couple and the same type reframing can be applied to most of your “facts”.

People who are vaccinated are still getting covid...yes absolutely but “breakthrough” occurs at a significantly reduced rate and with vastly reduced hospitalization and death. Which, for a vaccine set that is less than 2 years old and based on new technology (I am talking MRNA not viral vector type vaccines), is pretty effective. You also have to consider that world travel and globalization has exposed us to variants which effects efficacy. The pattern of reduction in cases and other indicators in direct relation to vaccination numbers has been repeated in other countries across the globe. Almost all other developed countries have taken “regulate behaviour” plus vaccination approach as a strategy to various degrees. These countries have the most educated and informed people in regards to viral transmission, medicine, and epidemiology. Most of the vaccines use similar technologies around the world. Given this, it is compelling that altering our behaviour and vaccination is the agreed upon strategy.

I think you said something like 2% of covid caused deaths are actually “caused” by covid. Covid caused deaths are covid caused deaths. It does not matter if death was a result a symptom or a complication caused by the disease it is still caused by it. When someone dies from cancer, do they typically die from having the growth or a severe comorbid symptom like organ failure? The 2% “fact” is ridiculous.

In terms of your narrative, it seems like you believe masks, vaccines, widespread health guidelines, and government are either ineffective, dishonest, or corrupt. Though certainly there are strands of what you are saying that may have have some validity....almost all our medical health professionals would probably call your thinking irresponsible and misled. Have you spoken to your family doctor about your particular understanding?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:51:03 PM by hammer »

fishtruck

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2021, 01:54:32 PM »

I fully expect to be either banned or worse get angry private messages for this, but here it goes.
For those of us that have been vaccinated, let's just let natural selection do run it's course. But of course, we are the sheep that's uninformed

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2021, 04:15:56 PM »

Time will ultimately tell if the vaccine was safe over the long term. The fact is we do NOT know 100% what the long term effects are. We just don't. I just find it awfully sad that some people actually fight so hard trying to convince others that it's safe long term. They don't know crap. People should always ask question. The questions should never stop.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 04:20:53 PM by Hike_and_fish »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2021, 06:19:15 PM »

You know posting about just some portion of the risks or the imagined risks is misinformation,

Covid infection poses a high risk of long term effects:

Types of Post-COVID Conditions

Long COVID

Long COVID is a range of symptoms that can last weeks or months after first being infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 or can appear weeks after infection. Long COVID can happen to anyone who has had COVID-19, even if the illness was mild, or they had no symptoms. People with long COVID report experiencing different combinations of the following symptoms:

Tiredness or fatigue
    Difficulty thinking or concentrating (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
    Headache
    Loss of smell or taste
    Dizziness on standing
    Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)
    Chest pain
    Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
    Cough
    Joint or muscle pain
    Depression or anxiety
    Fever
    Symptoms that get worse after physical or mental activities

Multiorgan Effects of COVID-19

Multiorgan effects can affect most, if not all, body systems including heart, lung, kidney, skin, and brain functions. Multiorgan effects can also include conditions that occur after COVID-19, like multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS) and autoimmune conditions. MIS is a condition where different body parts can become swollen. Autoimmune conditions happen when your immune system attacks healthy cells in your body by mistake, causing painful swelling in the affected parts of the body.

It is unknown how long multiorgan system effects might last and whether the effects could lead to chronic health conditions.
Effects of COVID-19 Treatment or Hospitalization

Post-COVID conditions also can include the longer-term effects of COVID-19 treatment or hospitalization. Some of these longer-term effects are similar to those related to hospitalization for other respiratory infections or other conditions.

Effects of COVID-19 treatment and hospitalization can also include post-intensive care syndrome (PICS), which refers to health effects that remain after a critical illness. These effects can include severe weakness and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD involves long-term reactions to a very stressful event.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects.html

That's just what's been identified to date. More may become known as time passes.

People should also recall that the common flu vaccine is essentially re-engineered in the months before flu season. The new flu variants usually show up in the Far East in the late spring and summer. By late October into November new flu vaccines are released for public use that provide immunity to these new strains. This has been happening for 30 to 40 years.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2021, 06:58:01 PM »

You know posting about just some portion of the risks or the imagined risks is misinformation,

Covid infection poses a high risk of long term effects:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects.html

That's just what's been identified to date. More may become known as time passes.

People should also recall that the common flu vaccine is essentially re-engineered in the months before flu season. The new flu variants usually show up in the Far East in the late spring and summer. By late October into November new flu vaccines are released for public use that provide immunity to these new strains. This has been happening for 30 to 40 years.

Stop pretending to be an expert Ralph. You just recite what's on another web page. That's literally all you do. Copy and paste master. You look like a 🤡.  You'll look like even more of a clown if this vaccine starts killing people 5 years down the road. I'll look back to this site in a week and read up on your copy and paste response.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2021, 07:53:56 PM »

Stop pretending to be an expert Ralph. You just recite what's on another web page. That's literally all you do. Copy and paste master. You look like a 🤡.  You'll look like even more of a clown if this vaccine starts killing people 5 years down the road.

Then maybe you would be so kind and educate us with your expertise, and explain by what mechanism this could occur.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2021, 08:53:13 PM »

Time will ultimately tell if the vaccine was safe over the long term. The fact is we do NOT know 100% what the long term effects are. We just don't. I just find it awfully sad that some people actually fight so hard trying to convince others that it's safe long term. They don't know crap. People should always ask question. The questions should never stop.

LOL  - what a joke. That's right you don't know what the long term effects of the vaccines are either good or bad. ::)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 08:55:55 PM by RalphH »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2021, 09:06:09 PM »

One thing I know for sure though... We're all getting a lot smarter with Bill Gates' DNA in our blood. Look how many vaccine experts we got here. ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2021, 10:50:47 PM »

One thing I know for sure though... We're all getting a lot smarter with Bill Gates' DNA in our blood. Look how many vaccine experts we got here. ;)

;D ;D

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2021, 07:27:56 AM »

Lol! Rod,  I never would have thought you spend time reading Parler.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2021, 10:59:35 AM »

Of course, Facebook and Instagram just aren't stimulating enough anymore. :)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2021, 01:21:05 PM »

Of course, Facebook and Instagram just aren't stimulating enough anymore. :)

;D

sheesh Rod .. but you have your own discussion bored!

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2021, 03:05:14 PM »

New research from Washington University shows mild cases of COVID-19 leave people with lifelong antibodies

"If you’ve had a mild case of COVID-19, a new study shows you could have protection that lasts a lifetime. According to a new study from researchers at Washington University School of Medicine, those who have had mild COVID-19 still have immune cells in their body pumping out antibodies against the virus that could persist for life.

Dr. Ali Ellebedy, PhD, an associate professor of pathology and immunology, said his findings quash rumors that antibody protection only lasts 90 days.

"That is exactly why we started the study,” Dr. Ellebedy said. “We knew that this was a misunderstanding of how our immune response works.”

Dr. Ellebedy said during an initial COVID-19 infection, certain antibody-producing cells plateau and eventually die off, which is the reason some antibody tests may show they’re no longer present. However, what remains are long-living cells found in our bone marrow that can produce antibodies for a lifetime."

https://www.kmov.com/news/new-research-from-washington-university-shows-mild-cases-of-covid-19-leave-people-with-lifelong/article_81a18fe2-bd92-11eb-a484-d7dbb9de1c39.html

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good-news-mild-covid-19-induces-lasting-antibody-protection/

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2021, 04:01:38 PM »

New research from Washington University shows mild cases of COVID-19 leave people with lifelong antibodies

"If you’ve had a mild case of COVID-19, a new study shows you could have protection that lasts a lifetime. According to a new study from researchers at Washington University School of Medicine, those who have had mild COVID-19 still have immune cells in their body pumping out antibodies against the virus that could persist for life.

Dr. Ali Ellebedy, PhD, an associate professor of pathology and immunology, said his findings quash rumors that antibody protection only lasts 90 days.

"That is exactly why we started the study,” Dr. Ellebedy said. “We knew that this was a misunderstanding of how our immune response works.”

Dr. Ellebedy said during an initial COVID-19 infection, certain antibody-producing cells plateau and eventually die off, which is the reason some antibody tests may show they’re no longer present. However, what remains are long-living cells found in our bone marrow that can produce antibodies for a lifetime."

https://www.kmov.com/news/new-research-from-washington-university-shows-mild-cases-of-covid-19-leave-people-with-lifelong/article_81a18fe2-bd92-11eb-a484-d7dbb9de1c39.html

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good-news-mild-covid-19-induces-lasting-antibody-protection/
Hey look. Clickbait.
"People who were infected and never had symptoms also may be left with long-lasting immunity, the researchers speculated."