Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fly fishing near Merrit June 12th  (Read 1473 times)

TtotheE

fly fishing near Merrit June 12th
« on: June 13, 2005, 12:05:08 AM »

Actually,  the fishing started on the 11th,  chasing a non existant evening hatch down by Pike Mountain.  No fish on the fly,  but the trollers had some success.  Fish seemed long yet skinny.

Day two.  We wake up to partially clouded skies at the motel in Princeton,  and eagerly set out to a different lake from last night.  Heading back up 5A,  we pass through a couple spotty areas of light rain.  I sense the kiss of death upon us as we continue to drive,  passing through more wet and dry patches.  Arriving at Courtney,  we wait in the truck for the hard rain to pass.  I tie up some shiners in hopes that the big one may be interested in those if the barometer levels continue to skew.  We trolled the lake and also anchored down a few times for some sporadic chironomid action.  Only a couple small fish to the boat and we decide to head elswhere.  A fellow fishing a leech under a float did well hooking and almost landing 2 fish in a span of an hour,  keeping a nice 4 lbr for his wife.  The fish was not long,  but very fat.

We see a fisherman in a float tube doing quite well at our next destination which got us excited.  The weather began to settle,  allowing some insects to hatch.  Got quite a few hits and landed fair sized trout on size 12 bronze chironomid 17 feet under the indicator.  Also lost the big one near the end of our day along with my size 8 olive wooly bugger due to a faulty knot.  Beware fish,  we'll be back!

FORGOTTEN YET FOUND:  a camera,  by assumingly the dude in the float tube.  Please send me a PM if it is yours or you know who's it is.  I'll be asking a few questions to make sure it is yours before I hand out any information.