Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: Fraser Pinks 2023  (Read 69275 times)

canoeboy

• row row row my boat
Re: Fraser Pinks 2023
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2023, 05:54:53 PM »

Sending my love your way Rod, your father is a great man who raised a great man. Wish you all the best, and I promise things like this will not go to waste and your message reaches far and wide.

fishtruck

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2023, 06:03:56 PM »

Even in face of such a tragic situation, you still find  time for the rest of us. Indeed, your father is a special man who taught his son well. So sorry to hear

Phronesis

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2023, 06:04:35 PM »

The Tidal Fraser River is scheduled to open this Saturday. With a record run size expected and exceptionally clear water due to low discharge, fishing should be good for everyone. This is a bitter sweet moment for me, to see that many fish expected the spawning grounds. My dad is expected to pass away within a week from now, and he has been looking forward to this year's return so much even last week he was still asking me when it will opening while in the state of delirium. He will be missing what he has been longing for so long. I'm devastated.

I hope everyone will treasure and enjoy every opportunity we get to have this fall, and share those experiences with others. ❤️

I am so sorry to hear that Rod ! Its incredibly difficult time and hope you and everyone around you stay strong and I pray for your dad to have a peaceful rest of the time here.

This hit really close to my heart as my father is here for the first time salmon fishing and he is really big into fishing....so ill be cherishing all the moments i get to spend with him.....

redside1

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2023, 06:14:00 PM »

That would be awesome!! Even if we (dad and I) get skunked, its good to have that opportunity to fish for pink salmon
And this is what it’s all about, the chance to go and have a day with family fishing, enjoying the orders and if one bites, great! It’s not about catching as mushbhad it’s about fishing.

fishfinder

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2023, 07:06:02 PM »

My thoughts are with you and your family, Rod.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2023, 07:10:49 PM »

So sorry about your dad Rodney. My thoughts are with you and your family. I have had the opportunity to fish next to your dad and it is obvious he has the passion for the sport. I wish peace and that he does not suffer. We are here for you.

steveubc

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2023, 08:06:09 PM »

Rod, so sorry to hear that, take care! Wish happiness and love be with your father, and you cherish every moment spent with him!

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2023, 09:03:56 PM »

If the returns come in as per the forecast of 17 million it's not a record year; 2003, 2009, 2011 and 2013 were higher.

After the high test catches in the Area 12 Seine test fishery Aug 9-12, catches there have dropped off considerably from an average of 73k to 19k over the last 4 days not to mention Aug 17 & 18 when the catches were 385 and 9 respectively. The average of the last 5 days in the Area 20 Seine test fishery is 5.5k The last panel report was Aug 18th.

The fish at the Area 12 and 20 test sites have to swim to the mouth of the Fraser which takes them several days. Then they usual lay off the river for a time as their systems adjust to the Fraser water environment. Yet to be seen when they will enter the river in numbers.

When looking at the big years such as 2013 one thing I notice is that the big test fishery numbers continue well into late August and even into September. Area 12 average from Aug 24 to Sep 2 2013 the average was 39k.

Perhaps the spawn in the Fraser valley in 2021 didn't escape serious loss from the major flood as we hoped  though the upper Fraser, Thompson and Seaton fish did.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2023, 09:05:52 PM »

Sorry to hear about your Father Rod.  We can all see  what a loving son you've been. My best wishes to your family.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Sabre

• Bite Me
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2023, 12:58:33 AM »

i'm so sorry about your dad Rod. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2023, 01:13:24 AM »

Thanks all. Get out there and enjoy the next few weeks. This is truly a family friendly fishery. I doubt I will have the heart to go out this season, but will be trying to bring my boys out to have the same experiences which I had with my dad.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2023, 03:38:23 AM »

Sorry about your dad. He lives a long fruitful life raising a good son. Best wishes to your family at this difficult time.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2023, 07:51:12 AM »

Rod, my condolences . I'm sure your father will tell you to get out there and slay those fish's for him . That's what he would want  .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2023, 07:58:43 AM »

The Saturday opening of pinks will coincide with a general commercial opening for pinks.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2023, 08:36:07 AM »

I’m sorry to hear about that, Rodney.

I remember the first picture I saw of your dad was on an earlier version of FWR and your dad was proudly holding a Stave R coho. In all pictures you’ve shared since, he was a happy man when he was fishing.

My condolences as you and your family grieve his passing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44