Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remote lake stocking  (Read 1195 times)

danielk

Remote lake stocking
« on: July 02, 2023, 04:38:23 PM »

Was doing some wheeling yesterday around Harrison.   I ended up at lookout lake.      How do they get the fish truck to that lake ?   The 2 roads in are not very friendly on a vehicle that isn’t lifted.   Do they use a helicopter?  Or set up 300 feet of hose off the main logging road ?      Anyways. Just wondering.  Next time I’m bring my belly boat.  And if any of you have a lifted ride with some experience. I recommend checking that lake out it’s amazing and clear

SuperBobby

Re: Remote lake stocking
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 06:20:58 PM »

Yeah....I don't think that road will get any better.
Great lake to fish. Actually has decent size fish for a LM lake.
Not overly afraid to mention it here as most people get lost trying to find it or give up the first time they bottom out.

danielk

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 07:39:13 PM »

Hmmmm good to know.  I wouldn’t mind floating around it for a few hours.  Even if I don’t get one!!! it’s your lake for the day unless a group wheels to it .   I wonder how sunrise is  ??  I’ve been lots never fished it

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 11:29:38 AM »

I believe that some of the "live trout" transport vehicles are 4x4s. Given the expense of helicopter transport, if the lake is at all accessible by vehicle I would think they do it that way. In that area they could easily stock the lakes there in one day.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

danielk

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 08:16:55 PM »

I want to see this water truck haha .    Lookout wouldn’t be to bad.  There is a camp spot above the trial in .  They could use hoses and let gravity do its thing.