Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BassPro - Tsawwassen Mills  (Read 2217 times)

mcallagan

BassPro - Tsawwassen Mills
« on: October 07, 2022, 12:01:54 PM »

It seems that the only thing I can get to on their website is the boats.
When I go there on-line I get redirected to Abbottsford's Cabelas. >:(
I cannot even list them to see if they have something in stock.
Are they a walk-in only store or am I doing something wrong? :-\
I know I am going to the right URL as I link from their info page.
Any ideas or other URLs that I am missing?

Phronesis

Re: BassPro - Tsawwassen Mills
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 02:07:27 PM »

I had the same question,
Cabelas and Bass pro shops have some sort of tie-up in Canada,  Bass pro shops being a US based company.
You would have to call the delta shop to know if the item you are looking for is in stock, the delta one does not show up online.

coastangler

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 02:36:28 PM »

Yep what Phronesis said. Also keep in mind that you can get items shipped online for free from cabelas.ca to that location and pick up in store, but unfortunately you won't be able to see what do they have in stock unless you call them.
"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
Sir Edmund Hillary

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 10:53:37 AM »

Bass Pro Shops bought Cabelas in 2017. IMO neither has made the transition to the BC market place and their stock reflects too much of the US and Ontario mid west and eastern markets. You can see what Cabelas Abbotsford has in stock but be sure to call the store to confirm. Any web inventory isn't reliable. I went to another well known independent angling retailer in Abby to buy a rod and they didn't have a physical unit in stock despite the fact their web inventory was listed as having several!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 03:58:18 PM »

Bass Pro Shops bought Cabelas in 2017. IMO neither has made the transition to the BC market place and their stock reflects too much of the US and Ontario mid west and eastern markets. You can see what Cabelas Abbotsford has in stock but be sure to call the store to confirm. Any web inventory isn't reliable. I went to another well known independent angling retailer in Abby to buy a rod and they didn't have a physical unit in stock despite the fact their web inventory was listed as having several!
This is true Ralph. I work at Canadian tire and it happens all the time that people come in and we cannot find the products even tho it says we have it in stock. Even though sometimes it says we have as many as 8. It was never something specifically I was trained for or told to watch out for. The process is tedious and most of the time we just dont have the time to do it during the shift. Us young ones working these retail jobs have too many other things to do before that, then we also don't get any benefits and we are paid minimum wage so what results is minimum effort. Always call in first. I dont mind taking 5 m to look for something unless its extremely busy.
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin