Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:  (Read 61098 times)

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
Re: British Columbia COVID - 19 Immunization Plan & Registration:
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2021, 06:52:37 PM »

......registered on sat and got my email last night...made an appointment and got a shot of the astra zeneca from rexall...wasn't  going to wait for the government site and the Moderna or phizer  or risk possible shortages....more risk driving to and from work.....the wife though is going to wait....
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2021, 03:49:40 PM »

Chrystia Freeland's 'epiphany' that COVID-19 is an 'opportunity' — that’s pretty dark

"Freeland may have been a little careless or loose in her phrasing. The prime minister’s declaration has about it, in contrast, clear evidence of pre-thought and considered reflection. If he was serious I expect the direction of his “reimagined” Canadian economy is one where our national energy industry, the building of pipelines, and support for all the worlds directly and indirectly supported by the energy industry will have very little place.

We’ll get more than a hint of what is actually the case in just about a week, when for the first time in a long time Canadians are allowed to see the books — or at least have a peep at them. The Budget at last."

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-chrystia-freelands-epiphany-that-covid-19-is-an-opportunity-is-actually-pretty-dark

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2021, 04:10:10 PM »

Thank you for these regular, non-political updates lol...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2021, 05:22:26 PM »

X2  ;D ;D

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2021, 11:03:18 AM »

The politics of COVID-19 results in pandemic winners and losers

Politics is at the core of the COVID-19 pandemic. Regardless of jurisdiction, the specific actions many governments have taken to combat the pandemic are ultimately rooted in politics, not science.

Groups, especially those whose identifies have little in common with the political elite, may sensibly question how broadly politicians canvass for options when reaching decisions that dramatically impact individual lives.

https://theconversation.com/amp/the-politics-of-covid-19-results-in-pandemic-winners-and-losers-150604

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2021, 01:50:15 PM »

Liberal vaccine failures could be the biggest scandal in Canadian history

"Trudeau’s made-in-Canada vaccine roll-out debacle may become the biggest scandal in Canadian history because lives are involved.

Half-baked measures may work in politics, giving bragging rights about the number of people “vaccinated”, but it doesn’t work in medicine.
Studies show that the elderly and infirm don’t get the full benefits of the second dose if it is delayed, but that doesn’t matter to Trudeau who wants to disguise his government’s failure to procure vaccines.

Half-a-dose may not be better than no dose at all which may be why our cases climb to a near record of 8,590 daily this week, or four times’ higher than occurred during the summer and fall. This is even proportionally higher than America’s current daily caseload of 77,000 where unruly and mask-less governors reign in half the states.

A recent report by the Macdonald Laurier Institute also suggests that slow vaccinations have caused Canada’s death rate to surge. It cites a Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), which has found that Canada’s nursing homes had the worst record for COVID-19 deaths among wealthy nations. “All this comes as countries with more effective vaccination rollouts are witnessing precisely the opposite trend,” it points out. “Canada’s rate of excess deaths for those aged 85 and over is now well above that of the U.S.”

https://financialpost.com/diane-francis/diane-francis-liberal-vaccine-failures-could-be-the-biggest-scandal-in-canadian-history

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2021, 02:08:04 PM »

X2  ;D ;D
x3 These political posts are completely unrelated to the BC Immunization Plan & Registration.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2021, 02:17:38 PM »

x3 These political posts are completely unrelated to the BC Immunization Plan & Registration.

The failures of your federal government in this situation is DIRECTLY related to what does, and does not occur with the BC Immunization Plan & Registration.
Reality.

Nog

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2021, 02:26:08 PM »

They’re pretty useless posts really, just for personal bias.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2021, 05:33:06 PM »

Trudeau's vaccine failure drawing global scrutiny

“Per capita vaccination numbers lagging behind those of 50 other countries, including Brazil, Chile, Turkey, and much of Europe, according to Johns Hopkins University’s immunization tracker,” the story states.

Nothing like attracting the world press for all the wrong reasons."
[/i]
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeaus-vaccine-failure-drawing-global-scrutiny

Brazil? Infection rates and deaths are soaring and they are posed to have the most deaths per any country exceeding even the US. There is no social control in Brazil. No requirement to wear masks indoors, no social distancing, no restrictions on crowds etc, Pretty close to what is happening in Texas!

Vaccine doses administered for Brazil are 15 per 100 vs 24 /100 for Canada.
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/health/global-covid-vaccinations/

The Chinese CoronaVac is one of 2 vaccines in use with an astonishing effectiveness rate of 50.7% in Brazil per the Lancet. The other is Astra-Zeneca while in Canada all 3 in current use have 70% to 90% effectiveness.

I am sure we all would like to move to Brazil right now!

I got the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Ninety percent effective within 10 days. My wife gets the Astra-Zeneca tomorrow.

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2021, 12:01:25 PM »

Ted Nugent tests positive for coronavirus after calling pandemic a ‘scam’

Musician Ted Nugent has tested positive for coronavirus months after he said that the virus was “not a real pandemic”.

In his Christmas message shared on social media in December, Nugent called the worldwide crisis a “scammy pandemic” and said that people who wore masks were “sheep”.

“Today is the 19th of April 2021 during clusterf*** pandemic... I was tested positive today. I got the Chinese s***.”

Describing his symptoms including a “stuffed-up head” and “body-aches”, Nugent continued: “My god, what a pain in the a**. I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days… So I was officially tested positive for Covid-19 today.”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ted-nugent-tests-positive-coronavirus-082548522.html

Remind you of anyone?

Nog

redside1

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2021, 01:58:32 PM »

Ted Nugent tests positive for coronavirus after calling pandemic a ‘scam’

Musician Ted Nugent has tested positive for coronavirus months after he said that the virus was “not a real pandemic”.

In his Christmas message shared on social media in December, Nugent called the worldwide crisis a “scammy pandemic” and said that people who wore masks were “sheep”.

“Today is the 19th of April 2021 during clusterf*** pandemic... I was tested positive today. I got the Chinese s***.”

Describing his symptoms including a “stuffed-up head” and “body-aches”, Nugent continued: “My god, what a pain in the a**. I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days… So I was officially tested positive for Covid-19 today.”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ted-nugent-tests-positive-coronavirus-082548522.html

Remind you of anyone?

Nog

reminds me of many...just look out in the Fraser Valley and the comments a few of the guides out there make.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2021, 10:58:14 AM »

COVID-infected people arrive in B.C. from India as Trudeau ponders flight restriction

COVID-infected people continue to arrive in Vancouver from India — where mutations are out of control.

According to latest data from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, 10 flights arrived in Vancouver from Delhi between April 6 and April 16 with infected people on board — and in some cases with several infected people on board.

During the same period, infected people also arrived in Vancouver from Amsterdam and the U.S.

Meanwhile, on Tuesday Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he was considering whether to stop incoming flights from specific countries, such as India.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/covid-sick-people-arrive-in-b-c-from-india-as-trudeau-ponders-restriction

Maybe, just maybe if Trudeau had actually addressed this matter say over a year ago, Canada might be a whole lot better off at this point...

Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2021, 11:43:22 AM »

As a Dual Citizen, I receive Alerts from the US Government from time to time. This one just landed:

Do not travel to Canada due to COVID-19.

Read the Department of State's COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Canada due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Canada. Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Canada.

Read the country information page.

If you decide to travel to Canada:

·  See the U.S. Embassy's web page regarding COVID-19.

·  Visit the CDC's webpage on Travel and COVID-19.

·  Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.

·  Follow the instructions of local authorities.

·  Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.

·  Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

·  Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.

·  Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler's Checklist.

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2021, 01:00:34 PM »

As a Dual Citizen, I receive Alerts from the US Government from time to time. This one just landed:

Do not travel to Canada due to COVID-19.

Read the Department of State's COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Canada due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Canada. Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Canada.

Read the country information page.

If you decide to travel to Canada:

·  See the U.S. Embassy's web page regarding COVID-19.

·  Visit the CDC's webpage on Travel and COVID-19.

·  Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.

·  Follow the instructions of local authorities.

·  Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.

·  Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

·  Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.

·  Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler's Checklist.
The US Department of State has just added 80% of the world's countries to the Do Not Travel list. In other news, I just heard Biden and Trudeau were talkin today about getting more vaccine to Canada - I hope they can work something out quickly.