Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Draconian Fisheries Closures  (Read 66815 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2019, 01:11:15 PM »

Lols. As if voting conservative will fix things. We should stay off politics.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »

As if keeping Pierre's Idiot Child and his merry band of complete Incompetents in power will result in ANYTHING positive for fisheries resources and those who rely on them...   ::)

Ignore politics to your peril.   ;)

Nog

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2019, 01:45:37 PM »

No fan of Trudeau et al.

But I did note in the partisan ad you posted that there was no mention of any proposed solutions, alternatives, options, etc, just 'JT is a dork vote for me instead'...

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2019, 07:51:44 AM »

Long Liner Seafood at Granville Island still selling fresh "Fraser River Chinook" at $50 per pound, as of Sat Jun 22/2019. Same price tag in the fish case as in the May 11/2019 post earlier in this thread. Did anyone better educated on commercial fisheries than me ever figure out how they're legally buying and selling them?
166 Chinook so far  ::) . Just a guess but , that would be over a ton of chinook . Lets say an average 15 lb. fish . @ $50 Per. pound .
$124,000 bucks for some lucky retailer . Or would part of those proceeds go to some kind of Salmon foundation of sorts ? . 
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2019, 08:38:59 AM »

166 Chinook so far  ::) . Just a guess but , that would be over a ton of chinook . Lets say an average 15 lb. fish . @ $50 Per. pound .
$124,000 bucks for some lucky retailer . Or would part of those proceeds go to some kind of Salmon foundation of sorts ? .

They were selling fillets for $50/lb. If the fish averaged 15 lbs then you'd get around 8lbs of fillets from each. If Long Liner received and sold all 166 fish then they'd wind up with around 1328 lbs of fillets. 1328 lbs of fillets at $50/lb makes for a gross of $66 400. The net income (har har) on those sales would be $66 400 minus the price paid for the fish.

Still a nice profit I'd imagine, but nowhere near 6 figures.