Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Draconian Fisheries Closures  (Read 66620 times)

Robert_G

Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2019, 06:58:03 PM »

Don't worry guys....there are lots of meetings and protests going on.....and in 30 years of this, we all remember all the times we've been able to influence DFO.....
Oh wait......that number is freaking 'ZERO'.....We can't influence DFO, because they don't give a you know what about us....not 30 years ago, and not today....nothing has changed....and nothing will.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2019, 09:32:44 PM »

Don't worry guys....there are lots of meetings and protests going on.....and in 30 years of this, we all remember all the times we've been able to influence DFO.....
Oh wait......that number is freaking 'ZERO'.....We can't influence DFO, because they don't give a you know what about us....not 30 years ago, and not today....nothing has changed....and nothing will.
Is it freaking zero? My mind is fuzzy on the details but didn't DFO listen to recreational anglers and open the previously closed Fraser River sockeye fishery to recreational angling in the mid 1990s?

Robert_G

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2019, 09:56:22 PM »

Is it freaking zero? My mind is fuzzy on the details but didn't DFO listen to recreational anglers and open the previously closed Fraser River sockeye fishery to recreational angling in the mid 1990s?

Yes and no. I mostly remember the time you are mentioning and it is a complicated explanation....but they did NOT outright give us what we asked for....and by the time they reopened it the sockeye were mostly in spawning colors. We were shutdown during the prime of the late Adams run...and it was ALL politics....no science behind it whatsoever.

Edit.....I'm pretty sure you were talking about the 1994 season.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2019, 03:25:50 PM »

:o

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2019, 04:57:22 PM »

:o

Looks like Long Liner Seafoods at Granville Island. Did you post the photo because there aren't open commercial opportunities, or because the price is high, or because they use the word "rare" in poor taste? Genuinely asking, not trying to stir up arguments ;)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2019, 06:38:19 PM »

Looks like Long Liner Seafoods at Granville Island. Did you post the photo because there aren't open commercial opportunities, or because the price is high, or because they use the word "rare" in poor taste? Genuinely asking, not trying to stir up arguments ;)

Posted because there is NO Legal Source Whatsoever at this point.

Nog

Robert_G

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2019, 06:44:15 PM »

Posted because there is NO Legal Source Whatsoever at this point.

Nog

100% agree

Too many people here on this forum simply don't get it.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2019, 07:17:23 PM »

the only legal source they could of came from is the Albion test fishery, that may be the case i'm sure will find out pretty fast.

Robert_G

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2019, 09:31:37 PM »

the only legal source they could of came from is the Albion test fishery, that may be the case i'm sure will find out pretty fast.

7 Chinook since the test fishery started.....so I'm thinking.....no

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2019, 07:08:41 AM »

Take pictures!!!!!

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2019, 09:48:32 AM »

That's assuming the tag on the case is truthful. Could the fish at Long Liner have come from Washington? Or Alaska? Has anyone called them to ask where they got the fish? Has anyone contacted DFO? The media? If there are definitely no legal ways to have gotten the fish, seems pretty straightforward to get them to stop selling it.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2019, 09:55:20 AM »

Its Canada. You have to buy wild protine, not kill it yourself. Didnt you people know ?

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2019, 10:39:58 AM »

This just in:

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2019, 11:54:08 AM »

That's assuming the tag on the case is truthful. Could the fish at Long Liner have come from Washington? Or Alaska? Has anyone called them to ask where they got the fish? Has anyone contacted DFO? The media? If there are definitely no legal ways to have gotten the fish, seems pretty straightforward to get them to stop selling it.
I called them and they confirmed they are indeed Fraser River chinooks.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2019, 03:13:20 PM »

Now up to SIXTEEN Openings. This time the Lower. The 24 hour canyon opening will be nothing short of a slaughter.

https://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fraserriver/firstnations/PDFs/CeremonialOpeningTimes.pdf
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16