Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grassy confrontation Part 3 July 30th  (Read 3415 times)

Dynamite kid

Grassy confrontation Part 3 July 30th
« on: July 31, 2004, 01:39:45 PM »

A friend of a friend was fishing near grassy yesterday ,apparently there was some shots fired in the direction of grassy by some individuals.If anybody witnessed this please fill us in.Only second hand news at this point ,but from a reliable source.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 01:55:47 PM by Rodney »

Dynamite kid

Re:Grassy confrontation Part 3 July 30th
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 03:19:16 AM »

It was a rifle  ,larger than a 22,my buddy was standing less than 10 ft away from these 4 natives.They fired 1 shot at the direction of grassy and two of them headed into the bush at the bar across from grassy.The other 2 left in a white boat with blue trim.The guy who witnessed this was fishing with his 6 year old daughter and she saw the whole thing.People ,be very careful at grassy,the natives are obviously looking for some trouble .

Adacas

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 08:14:17 AM »

So there were witnesses to this incident then. Therefore I'm sure it was reported to police, along with descriptions of the individuals, right DK?

blueback hunter

• born to fish !!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 01:12:38 PM »

hi all
i was camping at grassy all weekend never heard a shot and no one said anything to us while we were there although we did leave the bar for a few short hours.
today there was some problems early in the morning the natives were dift fishing
cloose to shore and some young party animals who were up all night started to throw rocks at there boat and might have even hit one of them not sure there
this happened around 4 am there net got all caught up in a boats anchor shortly
after that.
yes things are really starting to heat up along the bar and someone is going to get hert soon   so be careful the dfo should be looking into this matter of drift fishing and the rcmp as well .
time for some sleep.

Dynamite kid

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 01:42:41 PM »

Wether you were aware of shots being fired or not ,it did happen,my friend was less that 10 ft away from this incident .From the grassy side ,things happening at the bar across river are never noticed,you would probably not hear a gun blast at that distance .Wether you believe me or not ,be aware of whats going on around you ,it may save you or your families lives.