Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Rod New Reel New Hope  (Read 4661 times)

House Arrest

• A river flows through it
New Rod New Reel New Hope
« on: June 25, 2004, 05:49:35 PM »

I've been pounding the pavement hard for an office job. Why I wonder. That's another thread.

The luck is out there but since the sockeye are coming in, I thought I'd try somthing new.

Now - I won't crowd you, snag your line (or the fish) or even bring a gong. I'm just asking for some advice.

I just want ot relax and forget my small troubles.

Tonight I'll attach a line to my new Ambassadeur level wind, which is attached to my new ugly stick.

Does anyone have any tips on:

Where to fish from shore (from the big smoke up to Hope) for summer run chinook and sockeye?

Thank you, ladies an gentlemen.

PS Great site, moderators, contributors and wizards

House
Days spent fishing count not against one's life.
- K'ung-fu-tzu

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re:New Rod New Reel New Hope
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 06:39:29 PM »

Hi there H-A. Well if you're just looking for some quiet down time there are a number of bars available. There's Derby Reach in Langley, very peaceful with a big park and walking trails. There's Peg Leg, which will be excellent in 3 or more weeks for both springs and sock-em-in-the-eyes. Right now its covered in water. There is also Brownsville Bar (name right?) located under the Pattulla Bridge. A good bb bar is closer to Hope and that one is the Laidlaw Bar. The Scales Bar of course at Hope too is bb and you'll need neo's for it. If you have access to a puter do some searching for Fraser River Bars and you'll be surprised what you'll learn. There are far to many to name them all but I figure if every member on FWR tells you one you should'nt have any problem testing your new Abu and ugly stick. Good Luck to you and if I can help you any more just let me know.  ;)

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 09:19:52 PM »

The book "Fishing Fever" is an excellent guide to all the bars (fishing that is) from Mission to Hope. Its sold by most tackle stores.

FishKid

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 10:44:38 PM »

Have any springs been taken from brownsville bar yet?

_Ivan_

• Fish for life. <*)))))>(
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 10:49:33 PM »

hey i am sorry i have no advice because i just started last year and with out my freind robert to help me out on the way i right now wouldent know how to use a baitcast. if you need anything then ask robert of the other great fishermen on this site.
"Damn coho they're hard to catch." <*)))))>(

House Arrest

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 12:51:53 PM »

Thank you all for your valuable advice!
And thanks PepsiTrev for your extra help.
I live in Burnaby and my wife likes fishing as much - if not more- than I do; however, she gets disouraged more easily. That's why she brings along our little terrier.

So I'll look for the book Fishing Fever, thanks to FishOn and make sure we bring our Neos (thank you, Athezone, and for the place names).

The line attachment went well last night and I rigged the terminal up with a three-way, a pencil and a short leader to which a spin-n-glo is waiting.

See you for now!
H.A.
- K'ung-fu-tzu

spring_killer

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 11:27:20 PM »

Yup..i agree ask robert..he  noes everything!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

pinkwool

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 11:20:29 AM »

Hi H-A send me a PM and I will tell you all you need to know about Faser salmon fishing and how to get the BIG ONE. I'm in Burnaby too, so we can meet in person.

pinkwool

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 08:01:14 AM »

H_A, I'm looking for a fishing buddy for shinooks this evening. Leaving 3-4 PM today, coming back 9-10 AM tomorrow. I drive and there will be a place for one to sleep in the car.
Anyone? Drop me a PM, but be quick.

House Arrest

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 08:10:04 PM »

Sorry Pinkwool, I was late reading these because I wa swalking the dog along Macdonald park. How'd the trip go?
H>A>
- K'ung-fu-tzu