Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fire Bans  (Read 4070 times)

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
Fire Bans
« on: June 18, 2004, 07:51:36 AM »

I am getting conflicting report's about open fires. Is there a ban on now? I will be camping at Allouette lake this weekend and would love to make a camp fire. ::)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 10:24:46 AM by Mabelingwane »
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

Jimmy

Re:Fire Bans
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 10:44:44 AM »

Call the no emergency Ridge Meadows RCMP they will be more than happy to let you know. 604-463-6251

Mabelingwane

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 01:09:26 PM »

Thanx for the number Jimmy.

After speaking to the fire marshal and the camp ground manager, I can say there is no fire ban for the moment. Sound like I'll be having a few cold ones around the camp fire tonight. I'll be trying my luck at at the boat launch tomorrow to try and get them elusive trout around there.
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

Mabelingwane

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 01:19:17 PM »

LILLOOET, B.C. — Fire crews fighting a major wildfire that has the entire town on evacuation alert may get some rest as the blaze slowed its rapid spread today.

Fire information officer Kevin Matuga said the 15-square-kilometre blaze did not grow significantly overnight and the fire behaviour is moderate.

He said most of the vegetation that fuelled the fire was consumed during the fire's rapid spread on Sunday.

An evacuation alert remains in place for the 2,700 residents of this small B.C. Interior town about 350 kilometres northeast of Vancouver. The flames had reached within three kilometres of the community.

Another wildfire in northwest B.C. has 375 people on evacuation alert in Terrace.

The blaze, which was started by lightning on Sunday, is only about a kilometre away from the nearest property at Copperside Estates.

At Vanderhoof, a 10-square-kilometre fire is burning in the forest near the Kenney Dam, where the pine beetle scourge has left timber rotting and dry.

Flames are spreading over the eastern flank of the Nechako River to the northeast, forcing the evacuation of one residence and a logging camp.

Meanwhile, hot, dry weather has led to a campfire ban on the South Coast and Vancouver Island.

The B.C. Forest Service said open fires for cooking, warmth and ceremonial purposes will be banned in the Coastal Fire Centre as of midnight Thursday.

Fires contained in stoves using gas, propane or briquettes are still permitted.

The campfire ban will remain in effect until there's a significant change in the weather.

Officials say there has been an increase in wildfires in the coastal region, which stretches from the Eastern Fraser Valley to Tweedsmuir Park in the north.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 01:32:01 PM »

On the Noon News, it was stated that there is a campfire ban in the Coastal Region effective June 24.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 01:57:04 PM »