Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: YVR/Richmond Pipeline  (Read 2826 times)

swimmingwiththefishes

YVR/Richmond Pipeline
« on: November 27, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »

Independent MLA for nearby riding Delta South, Vicki Huntington was joined by Richmond Mayor Malcolm Brodie, retired DFO scientist Otto Langer, and the community group VAPOR in a final plea for the B.C. government to reject the Vancouver Airport Fuel Delivery Project.

http://commonsensecanadian.ca/mla-mayor-turn-heat-fraser-river-jet-fuel-tanker-plan/

BladeKid

• Old Timer
Re: YVR/Richmond Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 11:02:46 PM »

http://www.vaporbc.com/

Above is the website for those interested in learning more and/or wanting to speak up.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »

Mayor Brodie needs more power to fight against the jet fuel pipeline that nobody wants here in the City of Richmond.

How about the country of Richmond & Brodie becomes an ex mayor & his new title "Prime Minster." ( of the new country of Richmond. Steveston the capital city of course.)
Net result " no pipeline "
What kind of province & country do we live in when 99.999 of the people of Richmond do not want the pipeline to go ahead including the mayor & sports & commercial fisheries & still there is a real possibility the project is  " a go head ".

Bet homeowners on or near the route will have to sell their homes for less & take much longer to find a buyer.

GordJ

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:47:18 AM »

Just curious but how does the opposition to this pipeline propose the jet fuel gets to the airport? I can't come up with an alternative method. Has there been problems with the existing pipeline? I know it is over 40 years old and I don't remember hearing of problems with it.
I would be interested to hear what alternatives are proposed.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 11:36:17 PM »

The vapor BC link in above posts suggests that the existing pipeline should get an upgrade & it should meet the demand.
Haven't an idea why they do not go hat route.