Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A good sight to see.  (Read 14483 times)

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: A good sight to see.
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »

give people options and they will abuse them  ::)

stop being "smart asses" and just print your damn license otherwise no one will sympathize for you when you get a ticket and honestly I hope any/all of you do.

not trying to be a dic* however some of you sound like you need a painful lesson taught to you  >:(
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

juno

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »

I must agree with Hook, what is so hard about printing a licence? stop being lazy and goofy and playing games. Grow up.

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »

A tip to be added remember to have a pen or pencil on you or in your vehicle to mark what you caught if your spring fishing or anything. I have watched people get a lecture because of not having one.
Tight lines to all

Speyhead

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »

mmm ty i never even tought of packing a pen or pencil to mark my hinook on my licence. TY!!!!!!!
And ripping i assume would be those guys that yank on their lines 4-6 times per drift i take it? i find that very annoying :(

Here's another tip for ya.........Make sure you record any of your (conservation sticker) allowed fish using ONLY a PEN and do it immediately after you catch it.....recording your catch using a pencil or maybe waiting until later to record its retention on your license,   can BOTH get you ticketed.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:15:56 PM by Speyhead »

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 10:28:04 PM »

when I saved mine as a pdf, on my phone it shows up with the bar code which is scan able with another device. but no signature

by the way I always have my paper lic's on me !

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 11:26:04 PM »

They checked me out and a few other anglers.
I was informed that they will be out much more during the pink season and wished me happy floating.

DFO should go to the Vedder crossing when the pinks r in. They would have a hey day writing tickets. So long liners and beaks beware.

paddy

• Fishing near Tamarindo
    • My Personal website
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 01:01:06 AM »

you need to have the paper license so if they want they can scan the bar code. I thought just having your angler # would suffice but that is incorrect. My dad also wonders if having a picture of your license on your phone would work, I think it wont because you can edit pictures well enough right there on your phone you could change the year quite easily

Why not just follow the rules and print it. How stupid would it be to get a "failure to produce license" fine because your too lazy to print a copy or think your in the right for showing them a picture of it. My dad just received such a ticket because he forgot his in his other waders, he said to the officer he could login and show him and his response was "and what if we didn't have cell service, then what?"

Lazy?  Really?  I choose not to have a printer.  Let's all chop down some more trees.  No cell service?  I keep mine saved on my removable memory card.  Luddites. 

TNAngler

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 06:15:56 AM »

Here's another tip for ya.........Make sure you record any of your (conservation sticker) allowed fish using ONLY a PEN and do it immediately after you catch it.....recording your catch using a pencil or maybe waiting until later to record its retention on your license,   can BOTH get you ticketed.

Agree.  I have been checked a couple times while still fishing and if it wasn't written down they would have ticketed me.  If you don't write it down right away, you might only do so if you get stopped.  They want to make sure it is recorded.  I always keep a pen in the boat and in the vest and a couple others around.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 08:11:36 PM »

when I saved mine as a pdf, on my phone it shows up with the bar code which is scan able with another device. but no signature

...and that's the kicker isn't it?
Not all those who wander are lost

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 08:37:03 PM »

...and that's the kicker isn't it?

sure is !

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »

It's a good idea to have your license backed up on your phone.  All the required information is present.  A bar code can certainly be scanned from a smartphone screen.

If I forgot my paper license I would not hesitate to go fishing with just an electronic version.  It's a pretty gray area when it comes to marking fish on an electronic license so I would not use it for that.  On the other hand with the paper license people can just print multiple versions to exploit the flawed system.

FYI You can sign a .pdf file using adobe reader.
Android Adobe Reader:
Open File
1- Press pencil/bubble icon
2- Press pencil icon
3- Sign

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 03:28:15 PM »

It's a good idea to have your license backed up on your phone.  All the required information is present.  A bar code can certainly be scanned from a smartphone screen.

If I forgot my paper license I would not hesitate to go fishing with just an electronic version.  It's a pretty gray area when it comes to marking fish on an electronic license so I would not use it for that.  On the other hand with the paper license people can just print multiple versions to exploit the flawed system.

FYI You can sign a .pdf file using adobe reader.
Android Adobe Reader:
Open File
1- Press pencil/bubble icon
2- Press pencil icon
3- Sign

So in other words you could, if you wanted to, go online and buy a license and even sign it, all while you are sitting on the bar watching the COs working their way down the bar towards you?
Not all those who wander are lost

banx

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 08:24:15 AM »

you are correct. however, If your financially secure enough to own a smartphone and intelligent enough to operate adobe software you should probably have a fishing license.

I would love to hear some first hand stories on how a dfo officer handled this type of issue.  would he/she use their brain and understand you have a license or give you a ticket because you failed to produce the paper one?

back in '96 I received a ticket for failing to tag a chinook.  it would have been my 6th or 7th and all were tagged. my friend was cleaning a chum he had caught and asked me if i wanted him to clean mine. i said sure and continued fishing..... officer shows up and looks at our licenses. I got a ticket for failing to tag that spring.  even though I wasn't poaching had all my tags even classified water. I failed to follow the rules.  it was around $175 when I was a student.....

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 08:49:41 AM »

So in other words you could, if you wanted to, go online and buy a license and even sign it, all while you are sitting on the bar watching the COs working their way down the bar towards you?

If your going to fish without a license, I doubt you are going to buy one if you see a CO.  But yes, I suppose you could do that.

dcajaxs

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 01:02:14 PM »

I print off a couple extra copies for my wallet, fishing backpack and extras at home.  The amount of times I come home after a rain and find my license water logged has made the extra copies worthwhile