Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A good sight to see.  (Read 14676 times)

Brian the fisherman

A good sight to see.
« on: August 24, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »

I was drifting down the vedder river in my pontoon boat today.
Noticed a few anglers on the river trying their luck.
At peach road I seen DFO checking people out.... thought that was a good sight this early in the season
after drifting down the river, finally reached lickman road... what do you know DFO beat me there.. they were following me down the river it seemed.
So I continued floating down the river.. and the end was near. Keithwilson bridge was in the distance and again so was DFO
They were waiting for me to float in and chat with me  :D
They checked me out and a few other anglers.
I was informed that they will be out much more during the pink season and wished me happy floating.
As for any one getting slammed at KWB... no flossers down there when I showed up.

hopefully everyone remembers their fishing licenses  :P
Tight lines to all

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
Re: A good sight to see.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »

^^ Catch any fish ??

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:15:03 PM »

HMM stopped by Kieth Wilson Bridge at around 930 this morning and other than a fly guy fishing on the shallow side of the bridge the 5 guys fishing the meat hole were all long lining, at least trying to anyway the 4-5 pinks I did see.

notracy

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »

I hve fished the vedder for a few years now. Only once i have seen them out. Never been checked myself, but out of curiousity what do they check/look for on/at a fisherman besides what fish you have caught??? and Liscence?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:23:11 PM by notracy »

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 03:46:46 PM »

^^ I imagine they look for barbed hooks, if a guy is "rippin", whether or not you have reported your steelhead or chinnook on your license and if you have why are you still fishing {steelhead}, that sort of stuff etc etc

notracy

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 04:05:22 PM »

mmm ty i never even tought of packing a pen or pencil to mark my hinook on my licence. TY!!!!!!!
And ripping i assume would be those guys that yank on their lines 4-6 times per drift i take it? i find that very annoying :(

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »

even giving your rod a solid tug at the end of EVERY drift can be considered "purposely attempting to snag"

DFO are really starting to watch people and im also glad to see them nailing people for every infraction. Heard of them confiscating a lot of gear on the Squamish this year as well  :)

Best way to not get busted is buy your yearly license and ALL your appropriate tags for the year. Print off the 5 free ones your allowed and put them in separate places so your never without it. I do this and so far I have never been without my license. When im camping however there is times when I am forced into camp to get my license to show them because I never have it out in the boat with me on a lake
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

notracy

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 04:30:34 PM »

I used to pack it in my waders on the inside pouch, but a few years ago i went out without my waders, and it wasnt until i got home i realised what i had done. So now i have it in my vest inside a plastic bag, and i always have my vest. But this was before i knew you could print off a few copies. I will be doing that after this TY :)

salmonlover

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 05:40:21 PM »

people always have their phones on them. couldnt they just take a picture of their license and show the CO that?

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »

people always have their phones on them. couldnt they just take a picture of their license and show the CO that?

The regulations state you must have a paper copy present with you when fishing.

paddy

• Fishing near Tamarindo
    • My Personal website
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 06:09:23 PM »

The regulations state you must have a paper copy present with you when fishing.

It is beyond me why the licensing is so outdated.  Paper....March 31...having to carry additional photo id...I really hate having to print anything whatsoever, and don't even have a printer in my home/office.

I always have my blackberry on me and it has a digital copy of both my freshwater and tidal license with the tags.  That's good enough for me because when you buy it, you do so online and digitally download it.  Ergo, the license is sold digitally, ergo there is precedent being set in case I am ever ticketed.

(If I ever actually catch anything that needs to be marked down, then I will make a notation on the digital version.)

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 06:48:30 PM »

you need to have the paper license so if they want they can scan the bar code. I thought just having your angler # would suffice but that is incorrect. My dad also wonders if having a picture of your license on your phone would work, I think it wont because you can edit pictures well enough right there on your phone you could change the year quite easily

Why not just follow the rules and print it. How stupid would it be to get a "failure to produce license" fine because your too lazy to print a copy or think your in the right for showing them a picture of it. My dad just received such a ticket because he forgot his in his other waders, he said to the officer he could login and show him and his response was "and what if we didn't have cell service, then what?"
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 06:58:23 PM »

when I saved mine as a pdf, on my phone it shows up with the bar code which is scan able with another device. but no signature

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 06:59:29 PM »

i keep my licence folded up in a card slot in my wallet, that way it never leaves me, because after i got the warning for leaving my licence in my truck, made me start carrying it everywhere, since you need your licence and a piece of government issued ID to go along with it if you do get stopped and asked for it.  And its required to wright down your Chinook or steelhead as soon as they are killed. I've seen multiple people tagged with that one especially at the train bridge.

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 07:29:41 PM »

But officer I have a digital copy... my phone battery is dead though. ..