Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito  (Read 53155 times)

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
Re: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 10:41:33 AM »

Why are you a part of this discussion anyways, you favor a Enbridge dont you???.... ;D ;D ;D

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. ::)

In regards to the name calling, I say "If the shoe fits, wear it". People are slowly but surely seeing her for what she really is, a nuisance with no real credentials. This is just the one of the many "mistakes" she's made, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 11:23:34 AM »

Great recruiting video!  They should put that on network tv...lol.  Mom would be proud.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »

How are corporations like mosquitoes? In every way imaginable......  that's why we have all the environmental regulations and organizations in place to ensure they don't suck the environment dry and deposit their viruses.  http://www.ec.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=48d356c1-1

We had environmental regulations and organizations in place until your pal's Omnibus Bill was passed. Now we have a process where Harper's cabinet (translation: Harper) decides what is good and what is not and science is irrelevant.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 01:21:42 PM »

We had environmental regulations and organizations in place until your pal's Omnibus Bill was passed. Now we have a process where Harper's cabinet (translation: Harper) decides what is good and what is not and science is irrelevant.

That's almost as silly a comment as me saying that "we had clean pristine oceans here on the coast until your Norwegian salmon feedlot corporation buddies started planting their pollution generating net cages in our ocean....."   ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 01:54:11 PM »

That's almost as silly a comment as me saying that "we had clean pristine oceans here on the coast until your Norwegian salmon feedlot corporation buddies started planting their pollution generating net cages in our ocean....."   ::)

what has that got to do with what Abs said...oh wait hang on....Truth hurts.... ::)
Take the T out of Morton.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 02:25:59 PM »

Well, you do say an awful lot of silly crap like that (as Annie would say "getty up horsey") but in reality there is no similarity between the two comments.

I'm sure you're aware of that because even the most ignorant fool could not have missed the provisions in the bill that gutted environmental reviews and limited participation, allow cabinet to override the outcomes of the gutted process that remains, scraps the annual reviews of progress on climate change mitigation and repeals legislation that Harper long ago abrogated, revises the fisheries act to limit protection to fish and habitat while transferring much decision making authority from the process to the Fisheries minister and changes to the Species at Risk Act to reduce protection and again transfer more authority to the Environment minister to override the process. Nor could that fool have missed the muzzling of scientists or the defunding of long term research projects or the defunding and depopulating of the DFO who are responsible for most fisheries research.

Then again, perhaps you did miss it or perhaps you don't understand the implications or perhaps most likely, you are in agreement with the actions.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »

Well, you do say an awful lot of silly crap like that (as Annie would say "getty up horsey") but in reality there is no similarity between the two comments.

I'm sure you're aware of that because even the most ignorant fool could not have missed the provisions in the bill that gutted environmental reviews and limited participation, allow cabinet to override the outcomes of the gutted process that remains, scraps the annual reviews of progress on climate change mitigation and repeals legislation that Harper long ago abrogated, revises the fisheries act to limit protection to fish and habitat while transferring much decision making authority from the process to the Fisheries minister and changes to the Species at Risk Act to reduce protection and again transfer more authority to the Environment minister to override the process. Nor could that fool have missed the muzzling of scientists or the defunding of long term research projects or the defunding and depopulating of the DFO who are responsible for most fisheries research.

Then again, perhaps you did miss it or perhaps you don't understand the implications or perhaps most likely, you are in agreement with the actions.

Doesn't take much to get you on a tantrum......  however I was referring to the similarity between you calling Harper my "Pal" and me calling the feedlot corporations your "buddies".

In spite of the fact you agree with dropping those feedlot cages in our oceans and risking the survival of the wild salmon, I in no way believe you had any influence on that happening nor do I hold you personally responsible. I prefer sticking to the discussion as opposed to getting personal. While we disagree on stuff and I am passionate about saving the wild salmon while you are passionate about growing fish in the same water, I see no advantage in calling each other down....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »

Ahemmm...Chris are you sorry you posted that link now... ;D ;D ;D ;D

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 04:45:52 PM »

It's frustrating that Morton is putting so much effort into fighting fish farms and making these videos; meanwhile, some real drastic changes are going down in this country which are even a greater threat (IMO).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:53:51 PM by shuswapsteve »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »

I have to believe the only reason Chris posted that link was that he has finally seen the light ;D   Really, why else would a supporter show the world and his favourite activist in such a poor light?

Welcome aboard Chris!   ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »

Ahemmm...Chris are you sorry you posted that link now... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Not at all, am working on a possible fund raiser for Alex in the Valley in the Fall, hope you can all attend. ;D ;D ;D

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »

Well Im sure all 7 of you will have a ball...btw youre not running that inconjuntion with your " lets bring the cup back home to Toronto " shindig are ya.... ;D ;D ;D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 06:09:22 PM »

Not at all, am working on a possible fund raiser for Alex in the Valley in the Fall, hope you can all attend. ;D ;D ;D

Pop cans and Maple leaf floats won't get her very far. ;D Lose the "crush" and see the light ol'timer. ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »

Pop cans and Maple leaf floats won't get her very far. ;D Lose the "crush" and see the light ol'timer. ;)
Glad you guys keep track of my activities. ;D ;D ;D
Love the Leafs and found the first drennan of the year yesterday along with 3 DNE's will have plenty for sale at he FVSS second used tackle sale in November.

Last year sales were brisk, see you there and at the fund raiser. ;D ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 08:10:06 PM »

Yeah and now the feds are in charge of fish farms too. " Mr. Fox, you're now in charge of hen-house security". :o :o
http://