Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213681 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

Raining a bit now.  Don't think it will effect the river much yet... but they are calling for lots of rain later.  I'll report on flow when I get back from the day fishing. :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Have a good day again Dave. ;D Heading out  shortly and hope to get one for the tube before the river goes out, should be OK for a bit as did not rain overnight.

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Have a good day again Dave. ;D Heading out  shortly and hope to get one for the tube before the river goes out, should be OK for a bit as did not rain overnight.
I have only caught a couple wilds this year... but where about you going to be?  Never know... lol :D

Nevermind on here...lol Facebook me if you want to know where I'll be or if you want to tell me where ur gonna be...haha

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

typhoon

• Old Timer

That's a beaut! Well done Chris.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

Congrats Chris!  Did you gently release that one?   ;D  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Casey Martin

so i guess the river turned out to be fishable today ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

so i guess the river turned out to be fishable today ;)
Yes it was very nice. ;D however we are getting fairly heavy rain now, not sure how long it may hold.

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Water still awesome right now... I'm sittin here looking at it.  I've had a mostly good, slightly bad morning do far. One wild buck to hand, then further up river lost a beauty big hatch doe at the end of the fight right in front of me.   :'(   Lol

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water still awesome right now... I'm sittin here looking at it.  I've had a mostly good, slightly bad morning do far. One wild buck to hand, then further up river lost a beauty big hatch doe at the end of the fight right in front of me.   :'(   Lol
I guess I should have been there with the tube as I understand only 2 tubed, coming into today. Glad the water is holding, the weather is very changeable today as the rain has stopped now and I notice the snow level is low on the hills which will hold some of the water back. No wind yet.

fishermanphil

• I'm a llama!

?????If your r packing a tube for the hatchery program and u get wild--can u still continue to fish and vice vera.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

?????If your r packing a tube for the hatchery program and u get wild--can u still continue to fish and vice vera.
No once a tuber kills a fish he must stop fishing the river you are on but if you tube a wild you can continue to fish.

Thanks for the question.

Big Steel

• Old Timer

That would have been great Chris considering i got it out of ur spot... Lol It's pouring now, and after losing that big hatch doe at my feet, I thought my day was done... But I went back and worked thru again, and I must have had the lucky stick today.  Got my hatch in the pouring rain.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:13:50 PM by DMW »

yoda

nice fish chris, and i guess a picture is worth a thousand words!!!
Just kidding! please update your journal anytime ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

nice fish chris, and i guess a picture is worth a thousand words!!!
Just kidding! please update your journal anytime ;D
Thanks, working on it, just finished watching the Leafs win again.