Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tresspassing Tickets ????  (Read 22362 times)

oddjob

• woof woof
Tresspassing Tickets ????
« on: September 04, 2011, 07:50:42 PM »

Was at a tackle store ,heard a rumor that tickets were issued for tresspassing at Seabird ,Pipeline and scale bar is this true ???? The tickets were issued by RCMP and CN at $120 each .

Mr. Iban

Re: Tresspassing Tickets ????
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »

You can get a ticket if you walk on the train tracks. It is against the law to walk on train tracks. Enforced by CN or CP police mostly.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 08:01:52 PM »

more than likely parking tickets

Pac NW

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »

The CN Police were issuing tickets to individuals crossing the train bridge over the Mamquam

strobes

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 08:29:10 PM »

it is being discussed on another forum as well.  apparently last friday the cn rail police and rcmp were issuing tickets to people who were in fact crossing the tracks while leaving bars such as scale, seabird and pipeline.  the tickets were issued for trespassing on cn rail property, ie the tracks.
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 08:53:14 PM »

I have also heard that they are planning to put in a fence along the tracks to keep people from crossing them. All these problems are because of fishermen climbing over trains when they are parked on the tracks while there is a train coming on the other tracks. They do not want to wait until someone falls off of a parked train or worse under an on coming train. The only ones people can blame for this happening is other fishermen, dont blame the ones writing the ticket, they are just trying to keep people safe.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »

have a riot ,loot,smash up the town drunk,nothing happens. go fishing cross the tracks as their is no other way in, 124.00 fine. something smells here.

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 09:49:41 PM »

Has anyone gotten a ticket or is this all a rumor ????

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 09:54:11 PM »

Has anyone gotten a ticket or is this all a rumor ????

A rumour of course. It's totally ok to trespass and park illegally.

noobfisher

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »

I have also heard that they are planning to put in a fence along the tracks to keep people from crossing them. All these problems are because of fishermen climbing over trains when they are parked on the tracks while there is a train coming on the other tracks. They do not want to wait until someone falls off of a parked train or worse under an on coming train. The only ones people can blame for this happening is other fishermen, dont blame the ones writing the ticket, they are just trying to keep people safe.

Well said.

noobfisher

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »

have a riot ,loot,smash up the town drunk,nothing happens. go fishing cross the tracks as their is no other way in, 124.00 fine. something smells here.

Follow the rules, don't get a ticket, simple.  Only thing fishy is people that break the law and complain about it after.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 10:30:11 PM »

yeah i got to call a duck a duck on this one. i would be guilty of trespassing too at times if i were to cross a train bridge or tracks, but at the end of the day you can't get mad at the guy giving you the ticket as hes just doing his job...its like jaywalking, everyone does it but when you get caught it sucks

1son

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 10:58:11 PM »

fishunter agreed who hasn't tresspassed or crossed tracks when there not suppose to or accidently I mean there's signs up telling you otherwise so go at your own risk it does suck just to say the least

badboi

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »

I can second that I saw people getting tickets after crossing the Mamquam train bridge.

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 11:26:12 PM »

Hmmm..for people who frequent those fishing bars, could be a very expensive fishing trip. Add in the costs for gas, fishing rod and tackle, plus parking tickets, and trespassing fines - just for four fish.