Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: STS Guiding Service September 2009 announcement  (Read 3124 times)

Admin

• FWR Admin
  • Administrator
    • Fishing with Rod
STS Guiding Service September 2009 announcement
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:19:07 PM »

A day we will never Forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sturgeon fishing has been nothing short of spectacular, this past week is one week that our guests and guides may never forget.

On Saturday we saw our real first push of Pinks enter the Fraser near Mission, it seems as though there were a few thousand, maybe 10's of thousands of large sturgeon, migrating with them. It was someone hit a switch. One week we were all fishing hard for 5 or 6 nice sturgeon, next thing you know you can't get a rod down to the bottom without a 7 ft sturgeon nailing it.

It may sound too good to be true, but here's some numbers from Sunday. Thomas lands 15fish, none under 5ft. and 8 of them over 7ft. Tom lands 1 fish over 9ft and 6 fish over 7 ft, I land 7 fish in 3 hours, only one fish was under 7ft. Doug lands 2 fish over 8ft and 10 more between 5 and 7ft. Robs groups has to take a break half way through the day because their arms are sore. Now that is fishing.

The good news is that it has not slowed down, Monday and Tuesday were the same, fish after fish, infact yesterday at the end of my day, I baited a rod, dropped it to the bottom, just as i put the rod in the rod holder, the rod got barriedwith a 6 ft sturgeon ripping off line.

We expect this great fishing to continue for the next while, it may slow a bit but if you havn't booked a trip yet, you better get going if you want to experience some great Fraser Fishing.

We still have some space available for Friday if your interested.

Pink Salmon invade the Fraser Valley

The Fraser is loaded with Pinks, they are coming in at every high tide with millions of fish still in the ocean waiting to enter. We have been catching Pinks daily using fly's spoons , spinners and jigs. These fish are expected to number in the 10's of millions so we have some great fishing ahead of us over the next few weeks. Our bookings are almost full but we can fit you in if you give us a call.

Available dates in Sept 11, 16,20, 21, 25,26,27

Chinook Salmon

The Fraser is producing some nice Chinook this week, good numbers being caught off some of the more popular bars between Chilliwack and Mission.Bar fishing seems to be the preferred method. The Harrison Whites are starting to show in the Fraser. These fish typically range from 20 to 30 lbs with some fish in the high 30's. Peak is from mid Sept to early October.

Our Fall Salmon season is starting to book up, we still have some great dates for mid to late October and early November. Give us a shout if your looking for some great sturgeon and salmon action.

Hells Gate Jet Boat Tours

Our jet boat tours were a great success this past season, we have one date still available for 2009. Oct 18 will be our last run to the gate for tours, but we will continue to run private groups and fishing charters into the canyon through October. If your interested, please give me a call.

Remember to conserve your catch
Tight Lines and we will see you on the water

Vic Carrao
STS Guiding Service
http://www.guidebc.com
sts@guidebc.com
604-671-FISH (3474)