Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good Eats!  (Read 8439 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Good Eats!
« on: June 10, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

Last night we enjoyed a roast off my weekend bear. Very tasty!

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Trophy Fisher

Re: Good Eats!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 07:31:08 AM »

Nice bear, I am very impressed I have always wanted to go hunting but never had anyone to show me the ropes. What is the black cylinder on the back of your ATV?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:48:58 AM »

The black cylinder is a waterproof container that carries extra equipment, rope etc. In the fall with all the rain it keeps everything dry. I can easily remove it from the bike as it's attached with 2 bungee cords. Tammarak makes them.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 11:38:22 AM »

Nice bear. Wat do u think of the suspesion and handling on those new yamahas?
Fish killer 101

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 02:35:52 PM »

No complaints on the suspension at all.

However with a bear on the back I don't really do any jumping and go very slowly through the deactivations.... ;D ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »

I would strap to the front, u already have the weight of the gear strapped to the back. And i usually speed a little when i'm riding, animal or no animal.

Have u thought of adding a bigfoot kit. Taller and a little bit wider tires, more traction and more clearance. U just need to add another 3 inch section to your fenders. But it totally helps with clearance instead of adding a stupid lift kit
Fish killer 101

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »

prrretty sure thats a bait barrel  ;D 

jk
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 10:02:52 AM »

I guess it could be.......   I usually carry my lunch in there.    ;D  ;D

Bird

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 09:45:25 PM »

Younggun has good suggestions but be very cautious about modifying tire/wheel size and more importantly offset(width)on atvs. Usually an inch increase in diameter brings little consequence but much more than that and there is a considerable increase in force through the axles, differential, and C/V transmission. We have all seen someone lose a belt in the trans, but I have seen the yolks fall out of the differential more than once, both times the atv had considerably larger tires installed. Secondly wheel offset, spacers, whatever makes your machine wider causes your stock shocks to be overworked. I encourage guys to feel the temperature of your shocks with extra weight or tire size/offset after a considerable ride on a bumpy or pot hole laden road/trail. You will be surprised. There are aftermarket upgrades available to compensate for the changes but they are huge money.  Anyway I assume many of the hunters/fishers on this site can get a heck of a distance in the bush on there machine and wouldn't wish a breakdown that far late in the day on anyone. Just my two bits for what its worth.

yamadirt 426

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 11:11:04 AM »

I try to keep everything I own stock. Truck/tracker and dirt bikes. Upgrades are cool and some practical but like bird said you gain something but allways lose reliability. Not to mention the extra $$$ to upgade and then to fix the problem. but to each there own. Now for the topic at hand. Nice bear I am jelous. The feds took 4 months to get me my pal because I have a common name. They gave it to me june 16th  >:( . Fall will be very busy for my first hunting season ever  ;D . congrats

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 09:33:40 PM »

Thanks.

Good luck with your fall hunt!!

I guess you didn't get any LEH applications in....

greybark

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 10:45:50 PM »

;D Hey Alwaysfishn , That looks like a bear trap to me !!!!!    ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 10:11:59 AM »

;D Hey Alwaysfishn , That looks like a bear trap to me !!!!!    ;D

Now that wouldn't be legal....  would it?   ;D ;D

yamadirt 426

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »

Thanks.

Good luck with your fall hunt!!

I guess you didn't get any LEH applications in....

I put in for doe both white and mule for the wife and I.  I wanted to make for an easier hunt first few times around. Try to put some meat in the freezer. Hope all goes well

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »

I put in for a mulie doe in Boston Bar area and moose north of PG. We should have results they say by July 9th. Keeping my fingers crossed.