Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 36420 times)

noxcape

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2009, 12:28:10 PM »

have you ever actaully seen at bass come out of kakwa im thinking this is still a urban legend i had a buddy who fished for three straight summer and never caught any bass out of there

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
Re: where to fish for bass
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »

My favorite spots are the sloughs in Pitt Meadows but I don't know how productive they are @ this time of the year.

chummer

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »

Bass fishing in the Pitt Meadows slough becomes active from July and lasts until September.

Nymph

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 12:34:46 PM »

Good bass fishing in my backyard!!! Who would have thunk it?
Git-R-Done

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »

Keep an eye the Fishin Canada Show. Viola and Bowman are bringing their camera crew here to Mission next week to film a week of Bass and Sturgeon fishing. The word is out and the pros from across Canada are coming here to catch our Trophy (8 lb the best so far) Bass.

The biggest Bass in the lower Mainland are in lakes ten minutes from Mission town center. The sad part of all this, is there is no good public access to either of these lakes and the local Trout and Salmon snobs are still crying for all BC Bass to be exterminated.  Ya, exterminated when we hold the biggest Bass in the nation.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

fish tracker

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »

I've caught many bass at Albert Dick park ,aka wamsley lake, aka molson lake,they'er fairly small but a good little fight on a light fly rod.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 10:19:58 PM »

Keep an eye the Fishin Canada Show. Viola and Bowman are bringing their camera crew here to Mission next week to film a week of Bass and Sturgeon fishing. The word is out and the pros from across Canada are coming here to catch our Trophy (8 lb the best so far) Bass.

The biggest Bass in the lower Mainland are in lakes ten minutes from Mission town center. The sad part of all this, is there is no good public access to either of these lakes and the local Trout and Salmon snobs are still crying for all BC Bass to be exterminated.  Ya, exterminated when we hold the biggest Bass in the nation.

Well I know one is Silvermere. The other one Hatzic? Hatzic has easy access so I could be wrong. Hatzic is probably one of the most underrated lakes in all the Lower Mainland. How many species of fish does it hold. Salmon, trout, crappie, bass, sturgeon, carp. I know I must be missing some off the top of my head.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

noxcape

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »

hatzic is a great bass fisherie its a tough one but when you find the bass in there watch out because they ae huge silvermere is a geat lake to fish if you cna get on there with out getting kicked off ive pulled some pretty nice large mouth out of there also in abbotsford you have mill lake fish trap creek albert dyke and a private lake called laxton in the maple ridge area you have pretty much all of the sloughs for more info on the lakes go check out the wcba website there is a complete list of what lakes have bass in it the website is www.wcba.ca
there is also a pretty forum on there to if you want to join its free and the guys are pretty damn good to talk to tell them andy sent you when you log on there :p good luck guys

noxcape

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2009, 07:00:31 PM »

katzie marsh is the marshie area across from the grant narrow boat launch to find it the best thing to do is use google map

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2009, 11:56:50 PM »

Does this mean Katzie is on the other side of the boat launch? The map shows the other side is Widgeon Slough. A friend told me Widgeon does have bass in there. How do we access Widgeon from the Port Coquitlam side?

noxcape

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2009, 01:20:28 AM »

not widgeon slough thats on the other side of the pitt from the boat launch when you get to the pitt boat launch its like right behind the canoe rental place its the when you follow the dyke its all the water on the other side of it

steeleagle

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »

Don't try launching at the north end of Hatzic along sward rd, it's a private boat lunch and your not allowed to be using it or parking there. Your better off going to silvermere instead since the water level is right down right now. If you decide to park and launch your boat at the sward rd lunch your vehicle might be missing when you return, there is some unhappy sheltered cove residents that have now problem doing this. Thought I would give you guys the heads up first, you might have better luck on the shook rd side.

noxcape

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2009, 11:38:05 PM »

shook rd is the best place to launch a car topper its pretty much the only way to get a boat out there i hae  buddy who lives on the lake so i ge tto launch off his property :)

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2016, 02:29:11 PM »

Any updates on if there is a boat launch (even private, pay to use?) on Hatzic.

Also, does anyone know if there is bass fishing that can be done in the Widgeon Slough, Siwash Island, Stugeon Slough mouth, Allouette Mouth etc area of the main Pitt? 

ie fishing not in the marshes, but more accessible via full sized boat launched into the Pitt.

I am all catch and release and am tight lipped.  PM is cool too.

I appreciate it.

fisherforever

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2016, 03:54:45 PM »

Wow, necro thread resurection! ;D Don't release any kill your limit. I've heard DFO is going after the province wanting to have a wide open kill em all in all waters where they do not belong. It's about time to put an end to what the bucket brigade has done.