Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 35824 times)

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
Re: bass fishing
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 11:02:17 AM »

most people dont show to co/fo tickets........missing a day of work =500$
                                                               traveling back to region 3-4-5 , worth it?

sam the person you are repling to does know what they are talking about.

apollo

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 12:10:05 PM »

I agree with sam- there is no way to prove if you are targeting one species over the other. If I am fishing for trout with a spinner bait and I catch a bass how the hell can I be fined for "targeting" bass? I think the regulation is stupid (if it happens).

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »

dozens huh?  I have probably purchased more crank baits (thousands) than you will ever see in your lifetime but that's really does not matter.
Unless you're a buyer for a US based sporting goods retail operation there is no way on God's Green Earth you've bought thousands of Crankbaits in your lifetime-your statement as posted is anything but the truth and tends toward the mendacious side of the equation.

You don't even know that Crankbaits is one word not two as you insist on writing it.

Just head out in a new Bass fishing closed area and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...........

I fish Saltspring and the Island lakes no need to drive for hundreds of clicks to get my kicks!

As posted below-my dozens of Crankbaits and assorted Smallie lures

sam the person you are repling to does know what they are talking about.
Yeah that's pretty much what I figured but since I'm home from work sick with a cold I might as well spend some time on the net trying to bring some light into the darkness between some people's ears. ;D

redside1

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 04:01:40 PM »

huh?  I have probably purchased more crank baits (thousands) than you will ever see in your lifetime but that's really does not matter.
Unless you're a buyer for a US based sporting goods retail operation there is no way on God's Green Earth you've bought thousands of Crankbaits in your lifetime-your statement as posted is anything but the truth and tends toward the mendacious side of the equation.

not a US based retailer but you are warming up a bit, I think it was 15,000 last yea(could be out a little).

Quote from: redside1 on Today at 09:56:40 AM
Just head out in a new Bass fishing closed area and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...........

nice edit of what I wrote

fish Saltspring and the Island lakes no need to drive for hundreds of clicks to get my kicks!

so therefore you have nothing to worry about. The regulation was put in place to hopefully stop all the illegal introduction of bass in BC waterways. The existing fisheries will continue like always and the CO's will be watchiung the lakes that have recently had bass illegally planted in them.

good luck out there!

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 04:22:48 PM »

i love my bass tackle box, you gots a nice one there sam salmon i've got a similar collection but mostly LMB stuff.......untill i move to the island next year!!!can't wait for some smallie action on fly and gear

thanks Nik!

I've done well lately buying the gear that comes without hooks/rings and assembling them myself saves a lot of dough and it's easy to buy the smaller Smallmouth sizes.

Everyone here knows Luremaking.com , Jann's Netcraft and Lure Parts Online are also great place to save money. ;)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:26:06 PM by Rodney »

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »

The new regulations are printed for 2 years not 2009-2010 but 2009-2011 so you may wish to look a little closer at the printing on the cover, remember I have a copy of the new regulations and I am not assuming something like you are.
I stand corrected. You are right, I assumed you had made a typo and put 11 instead of 10, as I do not have a copy yet. I should have checked before I posted, or at least just questioned you rather than say you were outright wrong. Sorry. :-[
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:22:37 PM by DionJL »

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 04:23:50 PM »

Very Impressive Tackle Box ,Sam Salmon,What its worth? I personally do not fish bass here at home,but have fished them in Ontario where they are very popular.
It's an average box-the lures would be worth a lot more if I bought them individually but as I said there's a way around that by assembling your own gear as per the links.

As we all know sometime fish respond to something a bit different and the colours from some of those online stores are unlike anything for sale in Canada.

Haven't got as far as buying blanks and painting my own (yet) does anyone here do that?

Also-a number of them are shallow running crankbaits-important in places like St Mary Lake where weed growth can be amazing in a few weeks.

Go there once and everything is fine a few weeks later you only have a few feet on top of the weeds to fish in, use too deep running crankbait and all you do is hit weeds every cast.

BTW-If anyone can ID the best BC Smallmouth lure in the Box I'll send them one free (not the poppers it's a subsurface unit).

Post your guesses below until Friday midnight.

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »

BTW-If anyone can ID the best BC Smallmouth lure in the Box I'll send them one free (not the poppers it's a subsurface unit).

Post your guesses below until Friday midnight.

My guess is the pearl coloured rubber jig, because those ones look the most depleted.  ;D

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 09:00:34 PM »

so you guys think , armed with those boxes, the C/O-F/O will believe you when you say "I'm fishing for trout"?

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »

672 hits and only 2 guesses? ???

Only 36 hrs left  Boys 'n Girlz!

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 03:53:09 PM »

I'm going to take a wild  guess : the second tray from bottom , top row , middle slot , black spinnerbait ?

Bass fishing is going to hit the fan here very soon if it has not already .Like it or not , 8lb - 12lb LM are being pulled out of various sloughs around the Lower Mainland on a regular basis. Even by US standards, those are HAWGS !

To bad their rise to infamy has scarred their rep around these parts.

"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2009, 12:02:27 PM »

Had some prob with the camera battery no pics last night.

My guess is the pearl coloured rubber jig, because those ones look the most depleted.

Nope but I burned up those jigs by dabbing them with Magic Markers trying to invent a new hot colour-didn't work. ::)

top left corner of top tray has some rapalas,the suspending countdown in silver or gold has worked like magic for me.....

I wish!
Owned those things for years rarely ever caught anything I know there supposed to be good maybe I just don't have the patience to use them properly.

I'm going to take a wild  guess : the second tray from bottom , top row , middle slot , black spinnerbait ?

Close but no horseshoe and My Apologies for the lousy picture, that's actually a Black Moss Boss you're looking at there.

So the winner is ....Yes a plain Black #3 in-line Spinner can be bought at any tackle shop.

Fish it moderately fast better yet cast it close to weeds and keeping a tight line let it spiral down it is deadly.
If you have a Brass or Silver one just hit it with a Black spray bomb or if you're a tightwad some Black fingernail polish from the dollar store just has to be dark not perfect.

As a matter of interest he's a pic of a Black Beetle Spin.Actually until yesterday I didn't know that was the name I thought it was just a small homemade Spinnerbait, it works for Smallies but not as well as the inline unit.Kind of a poor pic the blade is actually flat black not the colour it shows no matter they all work.

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2009, 01:26:58 PM »

I havnt seen them up here yet but in california a ''super duper'' is my bass slayer never fails.BTW im ready to go catch some bass rain needs to go away.
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

ja

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »

" 8lb - 12lb LM are being pulled out of various sloughs around the Lower Mainland on a regular basis" ??  :o ??  wow...any hints as to where?

mykisscrazy

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 09:04:49 AM »

Well the next step the govt has at their disposal is just shutting areas down completely to fishing.
I'm just guessing...but I think the majority of the people who are on this site would not be too impressed with that.

Illegal stocking of Bass have the potential to absolutely ruin our native fishery and wipe out other native critters - salamanders, frogs, etc.
So, if the regs state - Bass Closure - No Fishing for Bass - Just don't do it.

Because it could lead to something much worse.