Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where can you buy Roe???  (Read 2197 times)

wheresmybobber

Where can you buy Roe???
« on: September 27, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »

Seeing that I will never have time to do up a batch of my own roe, and typically I am using a fly rod anyways, if i was looking to pick up some roe, is there a local shop in Chilliwach that sells it?

Other than the Canadian Tire mass produced Salmon Roe - the sell...

Planning to be on the Vedder tommorow and wanted to give Roe and a float a go, instead of yarn, or my fly rod...

wheresmybobber

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Where can you buy Roe???
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 10:48:25 PM »

If you're going to be Chilliwack try Fred's. It's probably frozen though. A better idea is to pick some up at Reaction Tackle (if they have them). By the time you arrive in Chilliwack it should be thawed enough to fish.

rickjames_2

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 11:46:04 AM »

if yer spawn sacking freds sells little tubs of roe seperated from the skeen..very firm, good roe...not frozen fresh...at least earlier in the summer they had them...not as certain now but it should be a problem...
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 12:11:58 PM »

Almost every shop in the LML is supplied bait by Berry's. So all the boraxed, salted, procured, and single eggs are of the same quality. Fred's was out of Procured on Tuesday, I bought the last of On The Way's procured that day too. I called RFT wed night to make sure they had some Procured roe defrosted in the fridge for me thursday morning when i showed up at 6am.