Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who are you? Personal Profile  (Read 571501 times)

mk1freak

Re: Who are you? Personal Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 29, 2011, 11:35:38 AM »

Name: Len
Languary Spoken: English, Tagalog, some cantonese.
Residence: Richmond (Ditchmond) BC.
Marital Status: Leashed. + twin boys 4years old
Favorite food: anything with rice
Favorite fish species: hmmmm pretty much anything that gives me a good fight
Favorite fish species for fishing: see above
Favorite river: just starting but any river that gives me a good fish fight....though even scenery is good enough
Other misc. info:

Just started salmon fishing about 1 month ago (pinks) and have since caught one of each salmon species except chum ( soon lol )
I've been the occasional trout fisher..but river fishing is something else! Plan on going after steelhead once the salmon season tapers off. Learning alot of stuff here and from those in the sport. Funtimes! Plan on getting into centrepin once i find a decent (and cheap!) set. 
Learning the skills now so when my boys get older i can pass on what I learned (and gear i bought LOL) i'm going to give them what i never got when i was younger :(

Anyways hope to see you all out there!

Cheers,
Len
Me:  I have a fever
Boss:  Ok take the day off!
Me:  Thank god i'm the boss! ;)

qescott

« Reply #736 on: September 29, 2011, 08:25:21 PM »

Name: Quinn Scott
Language Spoken: English
Residence: West Vancouver, BC
Favorite fish species: Steelhead
Favorite place to fish: Squamish and it's tribs
Favorite method of fishing: Fly fishing

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:59:13 PM by qescott »

Shmoke Shaman

« Reply #737 on: September 30, 2011, 09:16:29 PM »

Name - Tony
ASL? - 28, M, Coquitlam
Marital Status - Taken
Favorite river - Campbell River.....river?
Hobbies - Fishing
Background - Commercial fisherman 10 years. Prawn, Crab, halibut, but mainly Cod (Rock Cod, Ling Cod, Snapper)
Misc info - Been fishing pinks in rivers for years. Now that the easy stuff is done, time to get serious and
learn how to fish like a real man. I am a beginner who has NO SKILL in salmon fishing. Hopefully that changes soon.

jobber604

« Reply #738 on: October 01, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »

Name: Ming
Languary Spoken: English
Residence: Vancouver, BC
Favourite fish species to catch: Bass
Favourite fish to eat: cod ;)
Favorite place to fish: Lakes
Favorite method of fishing: Baitcasting

321liftoff

« Reply #739 on: October 02, 2011, 05:16:21 PM »

Name: Tim
ASL: 55, M, Richmond BC
Marital Status: happily (!) married
Favorite river: Fraser
Hobbies: Fishing, biking, cooking
Favorite fish species: sturgeon, sockeye
Preferred method: spinning for salmonids; bait fishing (of course!) for sturgeon
Background: Worked in the federal government in the broad area of environmental protection and environmental quality  assessment for nearly 25 years. Used to fish extensively on Vancouver Island and in Northwest Territories (when I worked there), but only recently have re-started fishing the lower mainland rivers and lakes. Still learning the game, but I enjoy the pastime - retaining a fish or 2 is simply the icing!

JCheong04

« Reply #740 on: October 12, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »

Name: Jason
Residence: Delta
Marital Status: In a relationship
Favorite foods: Sushi & Pasta
Favorite fish species: Sturgeon!
Favorite fish species for fishing: I tried fishing for pink salmon for the first time this year and had great fun, they do give some what of a fight so that makes it entertaining.  I enjoy fishing for bass in nearby lakes as well as the stocked rainbow trout.  My most recent and memorable outing has been on the Fraser River fishing for sturgeon with good success and great fun, those monster are so cool.  ;D
Favorite rivers: Only ever fished the lower Fraser, different spots in Richmond.

Hasport

« Reply #741 on: October 15, 2011, 10:20:53 AM »

Name: Bruce
Languary Spoken: English and Vietnamese
Residence: Sardis, its nice having to drive less then 5 mins to the Vedder
Marital Status: Married
Favorite food: Pho and Sushi
Favorite fish species: Cuttthroat
Favorite fish species for fishing: Salmon, Trout, and Bass!
Favorite river: Vedder/Chilliwack and Skagit river
Other misc. info: Fishing is my get away from competitive paintball, it can be stressful at times.

ICA

« Reply #742 on: October 15, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »

Hi fellas!
My name is Jon and I am retired.
I speak English, some Mandarin, Cantonese and several other dialects.
Originally from Singapore
Resident of Surrey
Married for 36 years to the same great gal!
Like Sushi, Chinese food and Greek occasionally.
Love fishing for Salmon but not necessarily for meat, just the sport of angling.
Love fishing on the main stem Fraser, but also return annually to the Vedder/Chilliwack
Loves fishing but not great at it as I am still learning.
I do not smoke, drink or gamble.
Annually I take the whole family to an interior lake for our annual re-union; this a tradition for the last 15-16 years.

Jewelz

• I've got the bug
« Reply #743 on: October 18, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »

Name: Julius
Residence: Ladner
Marital Status: Been chained for 17 years!
Favorite food: Mom's cooking
Favorite fish species: Great White Shark
Favorite fish species for fishing: I've only fished for Pinks... but this is gonna change!
Favorite river: Chilliwack

Hey y'all! So i'm a total newbie at this whole fishing thing and I only started this season when the pinks came in. My dad has been fishing all his life, even back when he as a kid in the Philippines. He always ask me to come with him and his friends, but I just was never interested. Well that has all changed! Ever since I hooked my first pink I've haven't gotten my mind off this sport! I've been going with my dad every time he ask me now, and I don't think its gonna end anytime soon. I just want to get out there! I've got the bug bad. Well that's my story. Maybe I'll see some of y'all out there, I'm the big bald headed Filipino that has no idea what he's doing out there! Haha. Laters.  ;D
Peace. One. Jewelz.
"Who knew that fishing was this addicting..."

blacktail2

« Reply #744 on: October 20, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »

Hello fellow anglers, My name is Tom, i live on the island and come to the mainland to spend time with my two boys who have flown the coop so to speak  :( I enjoy fishing a couple of the island rivers (Stamp, San Juan) but they don't even come close to the Vedder.  ;D

This year was the first time fishing the Vedder, I got in on some really good spring fishing, three days fishing hooked upwards of a fifteen Springs and landed 7 and one Coho.The best part about this is i got my two boys hooked on river fishing. Met some really nice people on the river. I witnessed an awful lot of snagging and the vast majority of those fish were retained. It was a real gong show at the trestle guys snagging and flossing springs in the deeper parts. Disappointed in the lack of enforcement but i guess fisheries have far too many areas to patrol and probably not a lot of officers..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:54:28 PM by blacktail2 »

ironring1

« Reply #745 on: November 08, 2011, 11:55:17 AM »

Hey, all.  I'm new to the forums.  My name's Chris, and I live in Burnaby.  I've only been BC for a couple of years, and only recently got back into fishing (used to fish all summer back in Ontario when I was younger).  I've had some good luck on the pink salmon run in the Fraser this year, and have been learning how to float fish for salmon in the Chilliwack river, but it's tough trying to avoid the snaggers :(  When I'm not fishing, I work at UBC designing robots.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #746 on: November 08, 2011, 03:35:20 PM »

Hey, all.  I'm new to the forums.  My name's Chris, and I live in Burnaby.  I've only been BC for a couple of years, and only recently got back into fishing (used to fish all summer back in Ontario when I was younger).  I've had some good luck on the pink salmon run in the Fraser this year, and have been learning how to float fish for salmon in the Chilliwack river, but it's tough trying to avoid the snaggers :(  When I'm not fishing, I work at UBC designing robots.

I assume by your handle that you are in the Engineering department. Mechanical or IGEN? Or are you one of the even nerdier EngPhys geeks?

Joey

« Reply #747 on: November 09, 2011, 07:57:16 AM »

Hey, all.  I'm new to the forums.  My name's Chris, and I live in Burnaby.  I've only been BC for a couple of years, and only recently got back into fishing (used to fish all summer back in Ontario when I was younger).  I've had some good luck on the pink salmon run in the Fraser this year, and have been learning how to float fish for salmon in the Chilliwack river, but it's tough trying to avoid the snaggers Sad  When I'm not fishing, I work at UBC designing robots.

Where about in UBC....which department?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:42:09 AM by DionJL »

colchilibeck

« Reply #748 on: November 12, 2011, 10:02:11 AM »

Name:  Colin Chilibeck
Residence: Vancouver B.C.
Marital Status: I am spoken for ;)
Favorite food: Pretty much anything.
Favorite fish species: At the moment, rainbows.
Favorite fish species for fishing: Chum (I haven`t gotten into a coho or steel yet)
Favorite river: Squamish River
Other misc. info: I am new to fly fishing and love it! I am also starting to tie my own flies and also have picked up a spey rod. Now I just need to spend the years perfecting this sport with what seems to be a never ending learning curve.

cohoaaron

« Reply #749 on: November 22, 2011, 03:40:59 PM »

My name is Aaron i am 14 and i fish whenever i can my favorite type of fishing is float fishing small rivers for coho salmon. i live in richmond so i fish the local parts of the tidal fraser alot mostly for pinks and sturgeon. my favorite rivers include allouette, fraser, stave, mississppi, my ultimate favorite is the campbell though (ON THE ISLAND!!)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:50:35 PM by cohoaaron »